HELP! ANyone got a spare XR 650L engine they want to sell???

27 replies to this topic
  • scubagoat808

Posted November 07, 2006 - 02:58 AM

Just bought a project bike but need engine its a 04 Honda XR 650L thanks guys im not sure the year range but let me know thanks

• AlbinoPig

Posted November 07, 2006 - 06:43 AM

Anything from 1993 thru 2007 will fit.

• scubagoat808

Posted November 07, 2006 - 09:35 AM

eh thanks that helps me search more now im thinking of getting the original engine rebuilt but it will cost like $1900

• rebelventurer

Posted November 07, 2006 - 03:27 PM

check ebay, they are on there most of the time, go for around a $1000. try ebay search xr650L. Any year motor will fit and even the xr600, xl600 mill will fit. Whats wrong with yours? the top end is not that hard to do, and you can certainly do it for less than $1900, more like $500 or less depending on what you need.

• scubagoat808

Posted November 07, 2006 - 08:10 PM

thanks again for the help, the cylinder needs to be bored out with an over size piston which i dont mine but the crank is frozen i cant turn it by hand so something internal is wrong i bought the bike like this which i dont mind because the guy selling it just wanted a couple hundred dollars for it its still brand new condition just this one problem i was trying to go the cheaper rought by getting a used motor but if i have a shop rebuild this one i can trick it out and have everything brand new in the end any suggestion ??? thanks

• LandSharkGT

Posted November 07, 2006 - 08:50 PM

I would tear down that motor and check what the total damage was, then assess the situation as whether or not is cost effective to rebuild vs buy used. I personally would rebuild with trick components!!!!

• scubagoat808

Posted November 08, 2006 - 12:38 AM

ya i think thats the rought i will take i already told the guy at the shop i want to bore the cylinder and oversize the piston theres a guy on ebay with a 00 XR650R motor but i dont think that will fit because already it has a kick starter and the frames are diffrent right? thanks

• swm007

Posted November 08, 2006 - 09:29 PM

Hello, If you decide to not fix the 650L..and you want to part it out..or sell the whole bike..let me know..I would like to have the frame & title
Thanks

Stacey

• scubagoat808

Posted November 08, 2006 - 11:48 PM

was searching ebay again saw a frame and tittle in there but its in the ebay stores so you gotta search hard for it forget how much was asking though thanks

• AlbinoPig

Posted November 09, 2006 - 04:53 AM

Try this link to the auction.
http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=170047138614

Or,,,,

Ask me about my spare frame.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichW

Posted November 09, 2006 - 10:42 AM

On e-bay this guys was selling a kickstand and had a note in the ad that said he had a good motor for sale. I don't know anything about him. Good luck

sportsfan1189motorcyclepartsforsale

• RichW

Posted November 10, 2006 - 09:52 AM

On ebay under motorcycle parts, Honda XR650L, there is a guy selling a kickstand. In his add he mentions that he has a motor for sale.

• RichW

Posted November 10, 2006 - 01:29 PM

On e-bay this guys was selling a kickstand and had a note in the ad that said he had a good motor for sale. I don't know anything about him. Good luck

sportsfan1189motorcyclepartsforsale

• BRPXL600R

Posted November 11, 2006 - 12:35 PM

Went there and his motor is in pieces plus look incomplete.

• frankstr

Posted November 11, 2006 - 12:37 PM

Bill, We can't post E bay ads....:bonk:

:cheers: :p

• BRPXL600R

Posted November 11, 2006 - 12:49 PM

Yeh I just thought about that so I went there myself and found cases but no complete motor.

• GIANTac1

Posted November 11, 2006 - 02:32 PM

Bill, We can't post E bay ads....:worthy:

:bonk: :crazy:

Why Not?:cheers: If we are here to help each other whats the problem?:p
And to answer your question I would do like the others said and go through your engine and look at the cost buying a newer/used engine VS. rebuilding yours and turning it into a "Fire Breathing Dragon":ride:

• BRPXL600R

Posted November 11, 2006 - 03:34 PM

Why Not?:cheers: If we are here to help each other whats the problem?:p
And to answer your question I would do like the others said and go through your engine and look at the cost buying a newer/used engine VS. rebuilding yours and turning it into a "Fire Breathing Dragon":ride:

It is a conflict with TT Store and rules of the forum. Although they are pretty easy going here compared to 4jokes er I mean 4strokes............. I was banned there twice for the same thing ADVERTISEMENT no questions asked! I guess it'll have to be PM's to those that need info or help.

• GIANTac1

Posted November 11, 2006 - 05:40 PM

It is a conflict with TT Store and rules of the forum. Although they are pretty easy going here compared to 4jokes er I mean 4strokes............. I was banned there twice for the same thing ADVERTISEMENT no questions asked! I guess it'll have to be PM's to those that need info or help.

So we are breaking TT rules by mentioning FMF, BIG GUN, PRO CIRCUT, PRO TAPERS, RENTHAL, MOOSE etc.... and every other bike after market company AS well as EBAY ads? Hmm, so Daves mods(thank you for the help by the way Dave!) are not in the TT store am I gonna get 86'ed for using them? Dont get it......:cheers:

• BRPXL600R

Posted November 11, 2006 - 07:23 PM

Yep it happens everywhere these days on PUBLIC forums that you are wrong for trying to help out a fellow member and point them in the right directions. Freedom of speech my arse. Everywhere you go you cant say or do what you please and not get ostersized for it! Just the other day I made mention in my group that I hang out with that the Japs are kicking our butts in technology. And I got reemed over saying Japs! Well guess freaking what! I am a JAP I told them and I for one am not offended by the word Japs. But that goes to show there is no real freedom of speech, just being Politically Correct. PC my arse! Say what you want I say! This is America, the land of the free!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.