Fine tuning the XR650R

4 replies to this topic
  • philipstjohn

Posted November 06, 2006 - 07:09 PM

With the idle screw, how do you know your in the sweet spot?
Is there a normal "x amount of turns out" or something that tells you your close without a dyno check? Please let me know if you can. Thanks

• Mudshark

Posted November 06, 2006 - 08:47 PM

With the idle screw, how do you know your in the sweet spot?
Is there a normal "x amount of turns out" or something that tells you your close without a dyno check? Please let me know if you can. Thanks

No ... no fixed amount of turns... well I've never counted mine.
I usually turn it in a full half to 3/4 turn when starting the bike cold. Then
back it out when it warms up. I just like a nice steady beat / idle, one that
wont let the bike cut out sitting at a light :mad:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fordskin

Posted November 06, 2006 - 11:06 PM

Sure your not talking about the mixture screw?

• pigryder

Posted November 07, 2006 - 05:00 AM

1 1/2 turns out for california bikes, and 2 turns out for all others, that right out of the service manual for factory presets....Oh shit my bad I read wrong I thought you meant mixture screw sorry

• philipstjohn

Posted November 07, 2006 - 07:54 AM

1 1/2 turns out for california bikes, and 2 turns out for all others, that right out of the service manual for factory presets....Oh shit my bad I read wrong I thought you meant mixture screw sorry

So are these the specs for the mixture screw? :mad:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.