ASV C5 VS WC Elite Perch

9 replies to this topic
  • YamieRider411

Posted November 06, 2006 - 11:05 AM

Does anyone have an opinion on which of these clutch lever systems are better?:mad:

ASV C5 Pro Model Clutch With Thumb Hotstart

Or

Works Connection’s Elite Perch w/ Hot Start

• grayracer513

Posted November 06, 2006 - 11:30 AM

I have no experience with the WC lever, but I do use the ASV C5's. I'm quite satisfied with them, and my son has clearly proven that they are highly resistant to crash damage. :mad:

One thing about either of them, at least the ASV's, and by the looks of it, the WC too, is that it is tough to get the hot start cable routed in such a way that it runs into the lever straight on. More so if you use braced 7/8" bars than fat bars, and not bad enough that it doesn't work OK, it just could be better.

• Ranger18

Posted November 06, 2006 - 01:04 PM

I love the ASV pro models, and so do some of my friends. I don't know anybody with the WC, so I can't comment. With that said, ASV has proven to be a great company, that stands behind their product.

• grayracer513

Posted November 06, 2006 - 01:15 PM

ASV has proven to be a great company, that stands behind their product.

And that's a good point. They have a basically no BS warranty, which applies to their refurbished and warranty replacement parts as well.

That's not to exclude the possibility that WC stands behind their stuff, because I believe they do. It just says what it says: ASV stands with their products.

• aedwards07

Posted November 06, 2006 - 01:23 PM

I would go with the WC.EVERY ASV perch I have ever seen or felt had a enormous ammount of play in the lever after very little use.The WC on the other hand beffed up where the lever mounts so it doesnt get play.Also the ASV perch is basically a copy of the OLD WC perch with a folding lever on it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kyle450rider

Posted November 06, 2006 - 02:50 PM

I know that you are probably wanting a high end unit but i use one of these on my old bike and really liked it.It's hard to beat the price too.
http://www.rockymoun...89&navType=type

• mxpro125

Posted November 06, 2006 - 10:38 PM

just put ASV C5's on my '07 they are really nice.

Had a set on my 125 and they lasted forever over 7 years and i crashed a lot

• YamieRider411

Posted November 07, 2006 - 05:09 AM

Thanks for the input... I'm not having problems with my stockers, just making out my X-mas list. Isn't it funny the things you wouldn't buy for yourself but you sure will take it if someone buys it for you!!!:mad:

• RCannon

Posted November 07, 2006 - 05:22 AM

The WC elite is beautiful and very well made.

I have two issues with mine. The lever , although beautiful, has many sharp edges. You almost have to smooth it out to make it useable.

The deal breaker is the lever being a shorty. I dont care much for shorty levers. That is all wc offers. The normal levers will not bolt up due to the large bearings wc uses on the pivot.

Overall I would say buy something else.

• YamieRider411

Posted November 07, 2006 - 07:20 AM

The WC elite is beautiful and very well made.

I have two issues with mine. The lever , although beautiful, has many sharp edges. You almost have to smooth it out to make it useable.

The deal breaker is the lever being a shorty. I dont care much for shorty levers. That is all wc offers. The normal levers will not bolt up due to the large bearings wc uses on the pivot.

Overall I would say buy something else.

I will buy the ASV. Thanks.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.