Does anyone make lowering brackets that utilize stock pegs

16 replies to this topic
  • 700MX

Posted November 06, 2006 - 08:15 AM

Does anyone make these lowering brackets so i can still use my stock pegs?

Thanks!

• Nashty

Posted November 06, 2006 - 12:18 PM

Cut the bushing off the bottom of them and put it on the top side of the pin instead of the bottom of the peg. Then swap the springs from side to side.

(Thanks Jeff)

Roger

• 700MX

Posted November 06, 2006 - 01:49 PM

Cut the bushing off the bottom of them and put it on the top side of the pin instead of the bottom of the peg. Then swap the springs from side to side.

(Thanks Jeff)

Roger

That is a great idea.....does it feel ok since you shift them back a bit a the same time?

Does any actually make the brackets though if I dont want to murder my pegs?

• TapptOut

Posted November 06, 2006 - 04:09 PM

Ive never heard anything for the stock pegs. But i have Fastway Pegs and you can drop them like a inch under stock if you choose to do so while mounting. And there really nice and grippy. You can find them most places for 89-99 dollars.

• Fastest1

Posted November 06, 2006 - 06:02 PM

Do the lowering mod as mentioned above it is very easy. What is murdering a peg? If you cant afford to replace stock pegs altered during a mod, then a lowering bracket is probably out of the question (if there is such a thing). Are you lowering the pegs because you are tall? The peg mod mentioned is a nice comfortable position and at a size 10.5/11 boot, I shift with no difference. It cant take 15 minutes to do the mod.

• xcape

Posted November 06, 2006 - 07:03 PM

I did mine ( '06)a while ago real comfortable I'm 6'4 seemed like more room for the feet too.

I used a dremmel tool and a couple of cut off blades.
After that you need to grind them a bit to get them to fit around the bolt head take your time here cause you want to get the pegs at the right angle.
I used a cut off blade to do this then a grinding stone to dish it out.

15 min? like too see that.....

• 700MX

Posted November 06, 2006 - 07:20 PM

Do the lowering mod as mentioned above it is very easy. What is murdering a peg? If you cant afford to replace stock pegs altered during a mod, then a lowering bracket is probably out of the question (if there is such a thing). Are you lowering the pegs because you are tall? The peg mod mentioned is a nice comfortable position and at a size 10.5/11 boot, I shift with no difference. It cant take 15 minutes to do the mod.

The reason I am hesitating about cutting my pegs is that if i dont like it, I cannot switch back. I figure if I can get a bracket, I could swap back if it felt strange! I am not huge, 6', but would like to try to open things up a bit. I love the YZF, I just find myself feeling a bit cramped on the bike in comparison to my 06 CRF last year.

• grayracer513

Posted November 06, 2006 - 09:21 PM

Actually, you can switch back. Just juggle the "spacers" back under the pegs and return the springs to their original locations.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 700MX

Posted November 07, 2006 - 06:15 AM

Actually, you can switch back. Just juggle the "spacers" back under the pegs and return the springs to their original locations.

I guess I could............sweet. Thanks guys

• Huckster

Posted November 07, 2006 - 01:41 PM

buy a set of Fastway pegs. They are lower and wider and provide an awesome platform. I had them on my RMZ and loved them and just bought them for the YZF.

• Pukeballs

Posted November 07, 2006 - 03:12 PM

I have some Fastways in the mail coming to me. Are they difficult to install? I've never fooled around with the pegs before.

• Huckster

Posted November 07, 2006 - 03:30 PM

I have some Fastways in the mail coming to me. Are they difficult to install? I've never fooled around with the pegs before.

NO not at all. Its pretty easy and shouldnt take you more than 20-30 min.

• TapptOut

Posted November 07, 2006 - 06:38 PM

NO not at all. Its pretty easy and shouldnt take you more than 20-30 min.

Yea it took me like 10 minutes for both sides.

• Fastest1

Posted November 08, 2006 - 07:19 AM

The angle isnt really critical, it is just a spacer, though mine is cut straight. I weigh 255 no gear and have never bent or broken a pin. Why does 15 minutes sound fast? 2 cotter pins, 2 cuts and switch springs from 1 side to the other. I even did it with a hacksaw, pegs are soft. I bet it was closer to 10 minutes!

• xcape

Posted November 08, 2006 - 07:57 AM

The angle isnt really critical, it is just a spacer, though mine is cut straight. I weigh 255 no gear and have never bent or broken a pin. Why does 15 minutes sound fast? 2 cotter pins, 2 cuts and switch springs from 1 side to the other. I even did it with a hacksaw, pegs are soft. I bet it was closer to 10 minutes!

What year bike have you done this on?

I was not talking about the angle of the collar.
After you lower the peg it will not sit right now you will need to shave off the right amount of the peg around the lower bolt for the mount so the peg sits straight. '06 not the same as steel framed bikes. TI footpegs with a hacksaw will take some time or my hacksaw is crap?

• Matt96xr6

Posted November 08, 2006 - 02:47 PM

SystemTech racing does

http://www.systemtec...ts_peglower.htm

They dont have the website updated, but advertise in cycleworld with the Yamaha parts

• 700MX

Posted November 08, 2006 - 06:03 PM

SystemTech racing does

http://www.systemtec...ts_peglower.htm

They dont have the website updated, but advertise in cycleworld with the Yamaha parts

THANKS! I AM CALLING THEM TOMORROW! small world, they are a 30 min from my house!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.