Need Help!! my pipe blowout

I just got my wr 06 450 and i did the mods, including tooking my the GYTR exhaust taken off my 03 yz 450. when i was riding the pipe came apart a the weld strip on the bottom of the bike, also had hole in it. did i do something wrong with the mods. please give info.

ok, from what i can interpret - you put a '03YZ pipe on a (relatively) stock '06WR ... ?

does 'did the mods' include the AIS ? (causes lots of popping - especially if your bike is running leaner)

... hmmm, with the increased exhaust flow this probably caused the bike to run a little leaner than usual and possibly a little hotter than usual also (not an ideal situation) - not necessarily bad as such (in the short term) but you may have seen the end result of (not much) future planning to begin with.

as you (should) know, altering various components on a complex piece of machinery can (and usually does) affect the balance of the overall performance ... next time it may be wise to ask some relevant questions to begin with in order to get some technical advice to avoid (possibly) doing some permanant damage to your new bike.

just my $0.02c

I just got my wr 06 450 and i did the mods, including tooking my the GYTR exhaust taken off my 03 yz 450. when i was riding the pipe came apart a the weld strip on the bottom of the bike, also had hole in it. did i do something wrong with the mods. please give info.

When is the last time you repacked that muffler? No support of the core will cause big problems like cracking like you have experienced. :mad:

I only get 6 - 8 months out of the packing in my exhausts. :mad: