Urgent Help Bike Overheating!!!!!

23 replies to this topic
  • NAW

Posted November 08, 2006 - 05:36 PM

Im riding in Baja

Good for you man! Baja! The bike is very very very likely just absolutely fine. Uncork it, and just remember the 650's like to move! Get some air through the radiators and the problem disappears ASAP. Engine Ice is worth the price - I use it and it helps. Also - I can still overheat it if I let it idle too long or putt around at too slow a speed. Just the other day, it was warming up, I was putting on gear, and I started getting splashed with this warm blue stuff squirting right into my gear bag. I turn around and it's squirting out the overflow tube I have routed out the side over an aftermarket skid plate. I poured some more fluid in, gave it a fast run, and it cooled right off... Pigs are tough! But they do need air to breath!

• DWilliamson

Posted June 02, 2007 - 09:32 PM

Just bought an 07 myself to replace my old trusty 85. Same thing, overheated first time i started it to load it in my truck. Coolant everywhere. Refuse to give up on it though and have about a hundred miles on it already. Really gets hot on the technical stuff so i take a break. But dont want to continue riding restricted. The good thing is it led me to ThumperTalk! And you guys have given me alot of great ideas. Thanx.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HawkGT

Posted June 02, 2007 - 11:10 PM

Yeah, they really have to be uncorked to even run "correctly". I mean, anything that has an restrictor plate in the intake manifold off the showroom floor needs some serious de-EPA'ing to get it running as it's designers intended.

Easier starting and cooler running (not to mention more power) can be had.

• XR650RBill

Posted June 03, 2007 - 09:33 AM

One more option for a cooling fan. This link gives detailed specs and picks of an easy inexpensive solution to installing a cooling fan. I'm about to add one to my 650R. Hope this helps.

Related Content

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.