Hand Guards

8 replies to this topic
  • dbehr624

Posted November 04, 2006 - 01:50 PM

Hey guys, I was thinking about getting some Power Madd handguards. Does anybody have these or have had these. Thanks for any input and if anybody has some pics of their 06/07 with handguards i would like to see them.

• cowboyona426

Posted November 04, 2006 - 01:59 PM

I've heard that the PM's are kind of a pain because of the way they mount... prone to coming loose and flopping around while riding, but I've never actually tried a set. I have Acerbis Rally Pro's with GYT-R triple clamp mounts, and that is a solid setup if you are looking for full coverage handguards instead of just roost protection.

• TapptOut

Posted November 05, 2006 - 08:50 PM

Go with Cyrcra Pro Bends!!
They seriously mount in 5 minutes and are super stable.

• dbehr624

Posted November 05, 2006 - 08:51 PM

Does anybody have some pictures with their handguards on?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rooster wrooster

Posted November 06, 2006 - 07:32 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

These are the GYTR hand guards and triple clamp mounts, but they are not listed on the website anymore. I think they are the same as the Cyrcra Pro Bends.

• grayracer513

Posted November 06, 2006 - 09:25 AM

These are the GYTR hand guards and triple clamp mounts, but they are not listed on the website anymore. I think they are the same as the Cyrcra Pro Bends.

You know, if you use an '03/'05 fuel cock, the hose will come off it going back instead of forward, and you can get rid of that loop in the line. :mad:

• rooster wrooster

Posted November 06, 2006 - 10:48 AM

Thanks, I didn't know that. I thought there was something wrong with the tank when I got it because the stock fuel hose wouldn't reach when the instructions said you could reuse all the stock parts. I didn't know at the time that I could have turned the stopcock backwards and used the stock fuel hose. Although, I think that is poor design idea. I don't like the way it looks either but it runs great. I'll be changing it this winter, with the other upgrades, so I'll get one of the 03-05's then.

• KJ790

Posted November 06, 2006 - 01:44 PM

I'm running UFO handguards, but I'm thinking about switching to either sunline or plasticwerks ones.

Posted Image
Posted Image

• cowboyona426

Posted November 06, 2006 - 09:37 PM

Not the best, but you get the idea:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.