is this worth it?

5 replies to this topic
  • Mtdewrulz

Posted November 04, 2006 - 12:35 PM

http://boston.craigs.../229697111.html

• jbird710

Posted November 04, 2006 - 02:58 PM

Clean looking bike. It is a 14 year old motorcycle though and you might try offering him $1800 and see if he'll come down at all. This time of year up there, motorcycle sales are starting to fall off due to winter coming on which may help with your bargaining.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted November 04, 2006 - 06:18 PM

i sold my 1998 650l for 2800.....bought it for 2000.....so i really dont know what to tell you.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mtdewrulz

Posted November 04, 2006 - 11:03 PM

Clean looking bike. It is a 14 year old motorcycle though and you might try offering him $1800 and see if he'll come down at all. This time of year up there, motorcycle sales are starting to fall off due to winter coming on which may help with your bargaining.

He said that he'd take 1800... It appears to be in immaculate condition, but yeah, it's 14 years old. Should I look for something newer?

• MindBlower

Posted November 05, 2006 - 09:21 AM

He said that he'd take 1800... It appears to be in immaculate condition, but yeah, it's 14 years old. Should I look for something newer?

THat's not "that" old. Parts are readily available, it's a great bike to start with. All depends on the condition overall, motor especially. No bargain if it's going to need engine work. If it's strong and solid, it's likely to be for a long time. DOes it have an odometer? How many miles on it and when did it get installed?
Sounds decent if it checks out. Your call.

• jbird710

Posted November 05, 2006 - 11:10 AM

THat's not "that" old. Parts are readily available, it's a great bike to start with. All depends on the condition overall, motor especially. No bargain if it's going to need engine work. If it's strong and solid, it's likely to be for a long time. DOes it have an odometer? How many miles on it and when did it get installed?
Sounds decent if it checks out. Your call.

Pretty much what MB says. You'd probably be hard pressed to find a better deal if the motor is in good condition and it has realtively low mileage. $1800 is much more reasonable price. Consider to buy a new XR650L would cost at least $3000 (I paid $3200 for my '06) which is nearly double and the bike isn't that much different.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.