06"450 Throwback to one of the Greats

14 replies to this topic
  • ThompsonV311

Posted November 03, 2006 - 07:15 PM

Turned the big 30 this week, and my better half thought she'd surprise me with a few things I had been staring at in the catalog. Surprised the $#!% outta me! Gonna send the tripleclamps, and various other pices in for hard black anodize in about 2 weeks. Should have a ride report on the pipe after Sun.
Before:
Posted Image
My flying :mad: with new breathing aparatus :
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• skwerlee

Posted November 03, 2006 - 07:36 PM

man that sure is perddy!

• grayracer513

Posted November 03, 2006 - 07:41 PM

Best be nice to that lady. :mad:

• kylwk1500

Posted November 04, 2006 - 01:58 AM

very nice. how go you like the mega bomb. go to love the new yzfs:applause:

• kyle450rider

Posted November 04, 2006 - 05:20 AM

what kind of engine guard and skidplate is that on your bike?

• ThompsonV311

Posted November 04, 2006 - 08:18 AM

very nice. how go you like the mega bomb. go to love the new yzfs:applause:

Haven't gotten to ride it yet. Should be heading to the track tomorrow. I was back and forth between the mega, and the powerbomb. I had the Powerbomb on my 04 YZF and I really liked it, but I figured I'd like to try the Megabomb. Shoot if its not much better, I can always sell it and get a Powerbomb. But I dont think I will want to. Besides I can't get over how good it looks.

what kind of engine guard and skidplate is that on your bike?

It's from Utahsportcycle.com. I drilled all the holes in it myself to cut down on the engine noise deflection.

• TapptOut

Posted November 04, 2006 - 09:50 AM

Dude you will love the megabomb!! It kicks man!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamahacrazy_310

Posted November 04, 2006 - 12:50 PM

She sounds like the perfect lady!!!

• ThompsonV311

Posted November 05, 2006 - 05:32 PM

Yeah she's a keeper. Supports me in anything I want to do. She even goes out to the track just to watch, and pits me in the Dez races.
Anyways, I got to test out the new Megabomb today. I went out to Competitive edge MX Park in Hesperia, Ca. The National track was closed for races so I just rode the Int. track. 1 word.... WOW. I noticed the power on the bottom has definately picked up. I was able to pull 3rd through a corner and hit 4th for the big table, where as before I went either from 2nd to 3rd, or clutching 3rd through the turn. Then the big loamy sweeper out back was a blast railing the berm, upshifting 4th then 5th and revving to the moon. For the most part I was able to carry 1 gear higher than I was last weekend, allowing the bike to track much smoother out of the turns. The wife thinks the price is rediculous but, would I buy one again... Hell yeah. :mad:

• centermass

Posted November 06, 2006 - 10:13 AM

two questions for you how do you like that pipe. and how do you like those fastway pegs i'm considering both any fedback would appreciated... by the way that is on sweet ass bike... i myself have the yellow se 450 and love it. but One ind. did a hell of a job with the hurricane kit enjoy....

• kyle450rider

Posted November 06, 2006 - 02:58 PM

Turned the big 30 this week, and my better half thought she'd surprise me with a few things I had been staring at in the catalog. Surprised the $#!% outta me! Gonna send the tripleclamps, and various other pices in for hard black anodize in about 2 weeks. Should have a ride report on the pipe after Sun.

I need more low end out of my bike.How do you like it with the stock...I think muffler and do you think it would hit harder with a matching fmf exhaust?

• ThompsonV311

Posted November 06, 2006 - 04:28 PM

two questions for you how do you like that pipe. and how do you like those fastway pegs i'm considering both any fedback would appreciated... by the way that is on sweet ass bike... i myself have the yellow se 450 and love it. but One ind. did a hell of a job with the hurricane kit enjoy....

The pipe gets a definate :mad: . My bike has always had great power with the JD jet kit, and powernow valve, but the header really has awakened the low end power on the bike. I opted to keep the stock canister for the fact that I race AMA District-37 races which require a spark arrestor, and you must meet 96 db. I went to Promotobillet for their Spark arrestor endcap, and their quiet insert. I have always felt that the stock can is plenty good. It may not look as chichi as a White Bros, but for the $ you could buy a stabilizer, and some Fastway pegs. The pegs are the most comfortable for me. You have the option to run them in hi or low position. They have a nice big platform, good grip, and don't tear up your boots. They will be one of the first mods I put on any bike I buy in the future.

• kyle450rider

Posted November 06, 2006 - 04:50 PM

The pipe gets a definate :mad: . My bike has always had great power with the JD jet kit, and powernow valve, but the header really has awakened the low end power on the bike. I opted to keep the stock canister for the fact that I race AMA District-37 races which require a spark arrestor, and you must meet 96 db. I went to Promotobillet for their Spark arrestor endcap, and their quiet insert. I have always felt that the stock can is plenty good. It may not look as chichi as a White Bros, but for the $ you could buy a stabilizer, and some Fastway pegs. The pegs are the most comfortable for me. You have the option to run them in hi or low position. They have a nice big platform, good grip, and don't tear up your boots. They will be one of the first mods I put on any bike I buy in the future.

thanks for the reply!I have the fastways for my 07 just haven't ordered the collars for them.I know that i really like the stock muffler on the 07 so mabye i'll just order a new headpipe and see if that wakes the beast up!

• ThompsonV311

Posted November 06, 2006 - 04:55 PM

I need more low end out of my bike.How do you like it with the stock...I think muffler and do you think it would hit harder with a matching fmf exhaust?

I like it just fine. It may hit harder with a matching FMF can, but with the mods I have I don't feel a need to replace it unless I screw the stocker up. On my 04 450 I had a FMF Powercore 4 and I thought the stocker felt better, and quieter. Call me crazy..:mad:

• NFS179

Posted November 06, 2006 - 05:03 PM

well nobody's said it yet, so congrats on the 30. also sweet lookin bike, i love it! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.