Shift lever costs $70 !!!

9 replies to this topic
  • Morloc

Posted November 02, 2006 - 04:05 PM

:mad: Bent my shift lever on my 06 WR450, last time out, tried screwing around with getting it bent back. But the tolerances are so close that can't seem to get it right. Anyway got tired of #$^%ing with it and decided to just order another one. Checked the price and they want $70 for this little sucker. &%$#@!!!!!:mad:

• PumkinFest

Posted November 02, 2006 - 04:09 PM

Sunline sells them on ebay for $20. They are of reasonable quality.

• 642MX

Posted November 02, 2006 - 04:44 PM

$51.92 on this website. http://www.crotchroc...tion_detail.asp

• wr450oregon

Posted November 02, 2006 - 08:05 PM

I have big feet so i went with and aftermarket atv shifter which is about 1.5 inches longer. I don't remember the brand but was about $25.:mad: :mad:

• RCannon

Posted November 03, 2006 - 02:49 PM

See if hammerhead has them in stock. They are much better than stock. Just as expensive, but much higher quality.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • donny

Posted November 03, 2006 - 03:20 PM

Yamaha of San Antonio has em for like 20 bucks!

Posted November 03, 2006 - 04:52 PM

cut the lever down where the rubber protector is on the lever.
There is a threaded hole for the brake adjuster that u can use and stick a 8/32 x 3 inch machine screw (found at local hardware store).

Screw it in, wrap some duct tape and then some hockey tape to preffered thickness and voila...brand spanking new lever for 45 cents.

I believe a little swiss army knife with a little hacksaw blade and a couple of these screws will help ya big time in the bush if you happen to brake your lever.

been using this for quite some time.... works great.

• NavyNuke

Posted November 03, 2006 - 05:56 PM

I used a very small 1/4 inch drive socket pinched between the bolt and the shifter, works great

• mjslim

Posted November 03, 2006 - 08:45 PM

Buy a Sunline - only twenty-something dollars from the TT Store. Beautiful fit and finish, can't beat the value for the dollar:thumbsup:

• Asgeir

Posted November 04, 2006 - 10:48 AM

44$ at oem TT store

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.