Can you street legal a '99 YZ400F?

2 replies to this topic
  • magnato1

Posted November 02, 2006 - 03:09 PM

I have been searching around for this, but couldn't seem to find the exact answer I am looking for. I have heard that in California there is no way to make a yz street legal. They just wont allow it. Wondering if there is anyway around this. My brother lives in Oceano, right by the dunes. I live in Santa Barbara, I commute every weekend, but it costs a lot in gas taking my Jeep everytime. It would be awesome if I could gte it licensed for the commute, then put my paddle on when I got there. I would save tons in gas. Anyways, is there a way to do this? I want something minimal so that when I go out riding in the dunes, it seems like I am on the same bike. Even if I have to switch out my pipe real quick, no worries, but I would like to avoid a heavy battery, or turn signals that are difficult to remove, etc. Ultimately though, I just wanna know if California will let me register this bike. Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • magnato1

Posted November 03, 2006 - 04:27 PM

Hello? Anybody?

• grayracer513

Posted November 03, 2006 - 04:38 PM

Contact the DMV, and stop bumping the thread, please.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.