Pastrana Bend Recall

4 replies to this topic
  • The_Missile

Posted December 18, 2001 - 12:27 PM

Any of you riding Pastrana Bend beware, there is a recall of the bars according to Scotts where I tried to purchase them.

• YAMAKAZE

Posted December 18, 2001 - 01:21 PM

Are they going into early retirement?

Bonzai :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_H

Posted December 18, 2001 - 11:31 PM

Cool, a new set of bars. I'll call Scott's tomorrow.

• LarryCO

Posted December 19, 2001 - 05:10 AM

For those of you being "hosed" by this recall...
If anyone's interested in purchasing my custom "Larry Haynes bend" bars, they're for sale dirt cheap! Specially-engineered by yours truly...having been through quite a few crash "tests". The manufacturing process is a lengthy one...consisting of dumping one's bike over 100+ times to the right side...

They're especially good for people who's right arm is 3" shorter than their left...

The starting bid is $0.50...

• John_H

Posted December 19, 2001 - 11:29 PM

No new bars for me. Here's what they said:

There has not been an official recall on the
Pastrana bar. There were few sold that we not to specifications. You can check the bar yourself
to see if it is ok or you can send the bar to us and we can inspect it. The problem with the bar was that it was not straight when mounted from perch to perch. It had a little bit of a bow. Make sure your bar is flat and mounts flush in both perches. If need more assistance please call me at 818-248-6747.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.