Extra cable into clutch perch???

6 replies to this topic
  • posner

Posted November 02, 2006 - 12:25 PM

I have an 06 WR 450 and cannot figure out what the third cable does that goes into the clutch perch. I am trying to figure out if I need this with my new levers I want to put on. what does it do?Thanks in advance.

• simon@vic

Posted November 02, 2006 - 01:13 PM

the "third cable" is the wires to your clutch switch.........you don't need that, or maybe you do.

doesn't look much like a cable to me...............

• Yama4Stroker

Posted November 02, 2006 - 02:04 PM

I don't have that bike, but I'm guessin' that one of those 'cables' runs switch that allows the electric start to work. I don't believe you can start the bike without the clutch pulled in?? Disconnect it and see if you can still e-start you bike. This is my guess??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cashflow911

Posted November 02, 2006 - 05:54 PM

It plugs in and my brother broke his off and we had no clue what it did. His bike had no issues all weekend.

• spick

Posted November 02, 2006 - 08:28 PM

Would that be the hot start lever?

• simon@vic

Posted November 02, 2006 - 08:35 PM

hot start is the "2nd" cable going ot the LH side.

• Beejay

Posted November 06, 2006 - 04:43 PM

It's there to prevent you starting/cranking the motor while in gear with the clutch disengaged.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.