Brighter bulb for WR

4 replies to this topic
  • Anravqsuh

Posted November 02, 2006 - 10:52 AM

I'm going to Baja next week and I'm thinking I could use a little brighter of a light. I'm taking the trusty WR426.

Is there a bulb upgrade that would work with my bike in it's current stock form? I mean without upgrading the stator or spending $300 or more on a big Baja light.

I'm not planning on riding in the dark, but you know how that goes.:mad:

Thank for the input.

• Alley Cat

Posted November 02, 2006 - 11:07 AM

any H4 bulb will fit, 55w is the stocker so an 80w will work nicely.
I know of people using 100w with no problems too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • taksx

Posted November 02, 2006 - 11:44 AM

I did on my 05. I replaced the stock with one that's about 30% brighter (still 55w). much better now. Like Alley Cat said if you have a H4 bulb you have a few options.
I also run a helmet light from cyclops hooked up to the battery. Much easy to deal with the whoops in San Felipe or that old tug boat down in San Quintin that everybody passes right by.

FYI An H4 bulb is also referred to as a 9003 or an HB2.

have a safe trip and enjoy:thumbsup:

• bigdrtrdr

Posted November 02, 2006 - 12:20 PM

I put a PIAA 80/80 in my 01 WR426. Its like friggin daylight out front.

• Desracer

Posted November 02, 2006 - 05:38 PM

A good headlight is a must, the stock Yamaha unit works well. A more powerful bulb is a cheap way to go for more light. After last weekends race I am going to get the Cyclops battery pack to go with my light. That way when the bike dies or wires fry I can still have light.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.