What frame protectors for an XRL ?

8 replies to this topic
  • DockingPilot

Posted November 02, 2006 - 07:51 AM

Do you fellas kknow what frame protector will the the XRL650 ? Cant find a listing on it.
Thanks in advance,
Frank

• COAL RUN

Posted November 02, 2006 - 08:24 AM

"works connection" made some that can easly be made to fit. They would be listed for the older XR600 if you can find them, as they are no longer producing them. mammoth motorsports told me they were going to be getting some more in. It's been about 3 weeks since i spoke with them & I never heard back. So you may give them a try. If anyone finds these please post as i have not had any luck

• Owyhee

Posted November 02, 2006 - 08:47 AM

Do you fellas kknow what frame protector will the the XRL650 ? Cant find a listing on it.
Thanks in advance,
Frank

You sure have a lot of posts.

4.3 billion posts since last month is pretty intense.

I'm impressed.

DockingPilot

Get Help Now

"O"

• DockingPilot

Posted November 02, 2006 - 01:30 PM

Na, thats a mistake, I wish I had that much time on my hands ! :mad:
So I guess anything for the 600 will fit ? Like Acerbis fork & disk protector for example ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Owyhee

Posted November 02, 2006 - 01:51 PM

Na, thats a mistake, I wish I had that much time on my hands ! :mad:
So I guess anything for the 600 will fit ? Like Acerbis fork & disk protector for example ?

The Acerbis fork protectors will work. Meier has some protectors that will also work.

Acerbis used to sell frame guards. I looked on their site and didn't see any listed for any bikes. Maybe meiers has some?

"O"

• COAL RUN

Posted November 02, 2006 - 01:52 PM

A lot of the parts are interchangable from the XR600. I belive the fork protectors would work on your bike. There plenty of guys on this site who can let you know specifly what parts would interchange. This site is full of info. on all the xr's

• DockingPilot

Posted November 02, 2006 - 01:58 PM

Ohwahee,
Where do you live ? I just rode through Owhahee in early Sept. On my 950. We rode the Backcountry Byway then on up to Hells Canyon. My ride report is over on ADV. Very neat place.........REMOTE!

• rebelventurer

Posted November 02, 2006 - 02:44 PM

Hey, I saw some devol frame protectors on ebay, ends the 10th, no bids but are used. search xr650L. :mad:

• Owyhee

Posted November 02, 2006 - 03:21 PM

Ohwahee,
Where do you live ? I just rode through Owhahee in early Sept. On my 950. We rode the Backcountry Byway then on up to Hells Canyon. My ride report is over on ADV. Very neat place.........REMOTE!

I live in Boise but ride in Idaho City (Boise County) and Murphy (Owyhee County). I'm not familiar with the Back Country Byway but I'm guessing that it goes from Salmon to Grangeville and HWY 21 was involved.

Back when I was younger I had a 1990 Honda Transalp, a fine adventure touring bike, and had many (ahem) interesting adventures on it, many of them off HWY 21.

"O"

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.