Ohlins or Scotts

3 replies to this topic
  • The_Missile

Posted December 18, 2001 - 12:07 PM

I guess most of you know that the Scotts steering stabiliser is actually made by Ohlins of Sweden. So...as I have bought Taffy's old Scotts and it needs a bit of an overhaul (I knew before I bought it) has anybody in Europe had any joy with working with Ohlins on the Scotts damper ?

• bruce

Posted December 20, 2001 - 01:48 AM

Knowing the way Taffy seems to tinker and "re-design" :) things, its probably got zero original components in it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 20, 2001 - 05:54 PM

Missile, Do you know what needs to be done to the unit? If it need an oil change you could do it yourself. If Scotts works on it it will cost at least 90.00usd plus shipping.

• The_Missile

Posted December 22, 2001 - 12:43 PM

Hey you Euros....Ohlins service dept in Switzerland will service my Scotts damper. Have no idea of the cost yet but I'll let you know. Check out your own local Ohlins service. Here is the Ohlins web site. ohlins

Dan...I HATE fiddling with oil....I have mountain bikes with hydraulic brakes and I invariably spray myself with the /&%"%ing stuff. Plus there's a few custom Taffy mods been done....bent knob etc so a full review is needed.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.