ZipTy Racing carb mod

7 replies to this topic
  • lastchild

Posted November 01, 2006 - 10:42 PM

Has anyone had their carb modified by ZipTy racing?
I didn't even know they offered it...

• new2blu

Posted November 02, 2006 - 06:43 PM

Didn't know that they did carb modifications???? I thought they just sold parts.

Posted November 02, 2006 - 08:28 PM

The new race mod:

They also offer a killer jet kit:

My friend has tried the new carb race mods and says that the $100 is a bargain. I myself havn't tried it yet, and won't until I go home on leave in December. I'll report back then.

• cowboyona426

Posted November 03, 2006 - 02:40 PM

What exactly do they do to the carb, and what are the results?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lastchild

Posted November 03, 2006 - 03:17 PM

What exactly do they do to the carb, and what are the results?

Dunno...that's kinda why I asked the question.
I spoke to them the other day and I know that they're using the FactoryPro emulsion tubes...http://www.factorypr...,pilot_jets.htm

Other than that I'm not sure. He said they tweak it but wasn't very forthcoming on what they did. If they've got some tricks I don't blame them for not wanting the whole world to know.

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted November 03, 2006 - 04:32 PM

I never got around to calling them like I hoped to, but I know what that is lastchild. I put that mod into our 04 yz250f's.

That is a mod that replaces the emulsion tube for a more efficient one. Look at the "High Dispersal Jet" clip about 1/2 way down the page. Thats the result from the mod. It's really surprising at how well the "mod" emulsion tube works. The main jet dropped from a 178 to a 138 on the 250's and thats a huge change. The goal of the new emulsion tube is to do a better job of dispersing the liquid fuel into more of a gaseous vapor so more of it can attach to oxygen molecules and burn when ignited.

I did it originally to get more range on a tank of gas so when we were riding harescrambles we wouldnt have to pit. It worked out great too, we went from 2 - 3 laps to 3 - 4 laps and that was just enough. The power increased somewhat throught out the rpm range as well.

I guess I will have to call them now. I definitely want that for our 450's.
Edit: here the link for the 450's at FactoryPro. You can buy the kit yourself and do the mod. The price will be the same if you buy their titanium needle (I do suggest that), but the mod only takes like 30 minutes tops, so you wont be rideless for days waiting on ziptye. Feel free to ask any questions as I have done this twice to our 250's.

• cowboyona426

Posted November 04, 2006 - 02:11 PM

So basically, after reading that last site, it sounds like ZipTy is just installing this kit in the carbs they are sent, since the price is the same. Well, when the snow flies here, I may just send them my carb and have them do it to see how it works.

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted November 04, 2006 - 03:06 PM

Looks like it to me. Be aware that you have to drill out the main air jet passageway, so it is a no-return to oem mod. But it does work great and is well worth the money.

The kit itself gives you several main jets for tuning it, I dont know if zipty does.

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.