Word of mouth

27 replies to this topic
  • InternalCombustion

Posted November 02, 2006 - 12:19 PM

I found all that! I know how to search the site pretty well I think:excuseme: :mad: . It just doesnt support the OLDER bikes:thumbsdn: ! 95' thats the oldest year I could find in the parts section. I think this is a tradgedy:cry: , but I guess next year I am definitely buying 03-07 XR650L:ride: just to be able to keep up with the Jones figuratively speaking. It just doest seem fair that we cant find good aftermarket parts for these out dated bikes:thumbsdn: :mad: . JMHO!

Yeah, you are absolutely right about the older-parts issue. No question, that's a bummer for sure.

• LandSharkGT

Posted November 02, 2006 - 12:51 PM

I have all my stuff covered now through Rideaide.

Posted November 02, 2006 - 01:11 PM

LandsharkGT I was kinda in the same boat as you a few months ago, Recently bought an 04 650L. Lots of parts options now. I have a 1987 XL600R For sale.
Just not mutch in the way of aftermarket parts for the older bikes. But the button is kinda nice.:mad:

• rebelventurer

Posted November 02, 2006 - 02:29 PM

frankstr, please do not confuse stating the facts for a gripe. My initial post mentioned no names and was vague, but the points were made. I was asked to give the whole story and did so accurately. I still would like to know who reported my post as a scam. I have also referred people to the TT store, just the other day someone was looking for a kickstand, even though they did not post their exact model. I knew from experience that the billet aluminum stand for the Suzuki DRZ400 will fit all models of the BRP even the old outdated ones that you cant get parts for. With no modifications needed. Also the TT store has good prices on skid plates for about all models, however I have not seen any posts saying how good they are? Alright back to the speed channel, I think the Baja race is on with no commercials and onboard cameras etc....:mad:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rebelventurer

Posted November 02, 2006 - 02:32 PM

pigryder, lets just delete your last six posts, someone said your a scammer!!!
Now how does it feel?
And its poop, not what you said!
And you are soo curious

• frankstr

Posted November 02, 2006 - 08:11 PM

OK Guys , I did not mean to cause a pissing match here..
I re read the guide lines of the rules...:mad:
Maybe it is not spam...:mad:
I'm not really sure..I did not want to ..possible spam crap
It got reported that way...I did what I thought needed to be done..

And we really don't need any :mad: :worthy: around here....

:ride: :banana:

• LandSharkGT

Posted November 02, 2006 - 09:06 PM

I dont think anyone is saying you did not do your job. I think Rebleventure just want to know WHO was reporting him as a spaminator. And I agree this thread is getting old. I just wanted it known that OLDER bikes are not easy to find hi-perf parts for, and when someone or a company can get parts for these said dinosaurs I for one will try to pass on the info so others that are looking to build can benefit from this knowledge of where to get these parts. I like what I see in the TT Store, I just dont have new enough bike yet to utilise the TT Store. And yes I would recommend the TT Store for the NEWER bikes!

• frankstr

Posted November 02, 2006 - 09:18 PM

Yes I agree this is getting old........
You can't have everything all the time, right when you need it....:mad:

Related Content

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.