What will happen if I...............???

4 replies to this topic
  • TuningFork426

Posted November 01, 2006 - 04:34 PM

put a 2003 yz cam (or someone suggest anthother cam/year) in my 2002 wr426 will i get more power everywhere

or will i just be moving it around ?

i want to keep the really low end i have right now.

• TuningFork426

Posted November 01, 2006 - 04:36 PM

also im not sure if the previous owner changed the cam is there any way to check ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichBaker

Posted November 01, 2006 - 04:59 PM

It pretty much just moves the power up...

• Alley Cat

Posted November 02, 2006 - 05:29 AM

also im not sure if the previous owner changed the cam is there any way to check ?

The way to check is your starting routine!
If you have a manual decomp system, then you have a stock cam.
The benefit of the '03+ YZ cam (or 03+ WR cam if you really want) is the auto decomp system. All you have to do is kick the thing instead of jumping through hoops.

The stock exhaust cam can be rotated 1 tooth anti-clockwise to be a YZ cam!
The way you could check is to take the cam cover off and have a look in there mate.

Try this for some reading:

• MountainMax

Posted November 08, 2006 - 08:54 AM

TuningFork426 , why didnt you ask in the topic instead of putting ...............'s down instead?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.