Chain length 450f

3 replies to this topic
  • dobbo

Posted November 01, 2006 - 01:25 PM

:mad: He mates, I just bought a wr 450f which i have falling in love with more than my girlfriend . Just a simple question. The bike is brand new but i find the gear ratios to short. The bike came with a bigger front sprocket of 1 tooth more. Would the chain lenth be the same if i go up one on the front....
Cheers Richie.

• SID013

Posted November 01, 2006 - 06:25 PM

:mad: He mates, I just bought a wr 450f which i have falling in love with more than my girlfriend . Just a simple question. The bike is brand new but i find the gear ratios to short. The bike came with a bigger front sprocket of 1 tooth more. Would the chain lenth be the same if i go up one on the front....
Cheers Richie.

Hi mate, Welcome to the WR450 club, I know what you mean about fallin in love with them. I have played around with sprocket ratios a bit with changing chain length. I have gone down to 13 tooth at front & 50 tooth rear to 14 tooth front & 52 tooth rear. Check out this link & you can see the effect of sprocket changes on your top speeds. http://www.4strokes.com/tech/ & open up the Gearing Calculator which is an Excel file.

Cheers & have fun. :mad:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dobbo

Posted November 01, 2006 - 09:17 PM

Cheers...!!!

• SID013

Posted November 02, 2006 - 09:24 PM

That should have said WITHOUT changing chain length. Sorry! :mad:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.