Attrax

3 replies to this topic
  • Frostbite

Posted November 01, 2006 - 01:05 PM

A few TT'ers have asked me for a little info on the Atrax system, so here it is in a nutshell.

The Attrax is as good or better than a new paddle tire in sand and offers great traction and floatation in snow, sand, mud and soft crap. It's also fantastic for hillclimbing since it is nearly impossible to flip the bike over with the track installed. The track robs very little horsepower from the bike and for general riding there's not much difference between the tire and the track.

There are a few drawbacks though. You can't wheelie with the track installed so you can't float the front end over nasty spots and that takes a little getting used to. On hard terrain the ride is a bit harsh since there is no air filled tire to cushion sudden shocks. On rocky terrain it almost feels like riding on a flat rear tire. The track is designed for soft conditions so you ride accordingly, you wouldn't go riding over rocky trails with a paddle tire. That being said, the track is much more versatile than a paddle tire and is comfortable riding in more conditions than a paddle would be.

The rubber tracks are replaceable and I have 2, one for summer riding and 1 studded for winter riding. I also bought a spare Yamaha rear wheel complete with disc rotor and sprocket and mounted the system permanently to it. This makes for fairly quick changes between track and wheel. Just pull the axle and a couple of bolts, no need to pop the tire off the rim.

Frostbite

• TuningFork426

Posted November 01, 2006 - 06:37 PM

Weird :mad: but cool

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • toddfree

Posted November 14, 2006 - 04:37 PM

Check out www.snoxcycle.com
they have a cool snow conversion for most bikes, looks like a kick in the butt to ride, just a little pricey.

• Asgeir

Posted November 17, 2006 - 04:34 PM

A few TT'ers have asked me for a little info on the Atrax system, so here it is in a nutshell.

The Attrax is as good or better than a new paddle tire in sand and offers great traction and floatation in snow, sand, mud and soft crap. It's also fantastic for hillclimbing since it is nearly impossible to flip the bike over with the track installed. The track robs very little horsepower from the bike and for general riding there's not much difference between the tire and the track.

There are a few drawbacks though. You can't wheelie with the track installed so you can't float the front end over nasty spots and that takes a little getting used to. On hard terrain the ride is a bit harsh since there is no air filled tire to cushion sudden shocks. On rocky terrain it almost feels like riding on a flat rear tire. The track is designed for soft conditions so you ride accordingly, you wouldn't go riding over rocky trails with a paddle tire. That being said, the track is much more versatile than a paddle tire and is comfortable riding in more conditions than a paddle would be.

The rubber tracks are replaceable and I have 2, one for summer riding and 1 studded for winter riding. I also bought a spare Yamaha rear wheel complete with disc rotor and sprocket and mounted the system permanently to it. This makes for fairly quick changes between track and wheel. Just pull the axle and a couple of bolts, no need to pop the tire off the rim.

Frostbite

Hi Frostbite

It has been great to read some of your old postings. Really a inspiration.

Have they made a kit for 18" ?

How is it working in powder snow ?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.