Minor Stumble

2 replies to this topic
  • Toothmech

Posted October 31, 2006 - 07:57 PM

Hey all, was out cruising around on my 03 the other day on the roads around the house, and noticed that at avg speeds 45-55 mph with the throttle held steady, I get a minor stumble every now and again. Since I am new to the whole 4-stroke thing, is this just inherent in a flat-slide carb (thought I heard somewhere that they are known for that), or is there a glitch in one of the jetting circuits that I am missing? Has anyone else noticed this type of behavior in their machine? I'd appreciate any comments on the subject- thanks guys!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flipt86

Posted October 31, 2006 - 08:25 PM

your tps is prob just out of adjustment...do a search on tps in this forum and you will see what i am talking about, i forget the correct voltage off the top of my head, but if you unplug it and the stumble goes away, you just need to dig the volt meter out and adjust it:thumbsup:

• Alley Cat

Posted October 31, 2006 - 08:30 PM

If TPS is fine, stumble means rich jetting.
Try dropping the needle 1 clip and you should see a good improvement in power.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.