Xr Finally Done

24 replies to this topic
  • xr500_89

Posted October 31, 2006 - 07:53 PM

Here she is finally done i posted about it awhile back and she has finally come togethor into one mean machine.
To start off she got a
Wiseco Hi Comp 11:1 Piston
HotCam
Kibble White .460 lift valve springs
Titanium Valves
Mikuni TMP-40 Flatslide Pumper
Ricky Stator Hi OUtput stator coil
Black Baja Designs Kit
New Excel Takasago Rims
Dunlop D606 tires
Baja Desings Key Lock
Magura Hydrolic Clutch
Barrnet Clutch Kit
4.6 Gallon IMS Tank
Black Acerbis frenders front to back
K&N Air Filter
Pro Taper Handle Bars
Pro Taper Grips
Gripper Ceet Cover
Black Honda Fork Boots
She makes me very happy considering i bought her in about 5 or so boxes and built it from basically scratch but am considering selling not sure yet we'll see, tell me what you guys think.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• LandSharkGT

Posted October 31, 2006 - 08:14 PM

Sweet! I love that look in black!

• Slim Shadetree

Posted October 31, 2006 - 08:15 PM

Looks awesome, love the colour scheme. Nice technicals too

• dangerranger21

Posted October 31, 2006 - 08:27 PM

NICE! CLEAN! I cant wait to post my bike up on here when its all put back together...

• xr500_89

Posted October 31, 2006 - 08:28 PM

yeah thanks guys she was alot of hard work but i think it payed off this thing rips.

• frankstr

Posted October 31, 2006 - 08:33 PM

Sweet looking ride....Nice job on puting it together...:mad:

:mad: :mad:

• xr500_89

Posted October 31, 2006 - 08:35 PM

thanks

• cbaranski

Posted November 01, 2006 - 05:05 AM

I wouldn't sell it, you'll hate yourself later when you cant ride it. Espeacially after all the work and sweat you put into it, just to let someone else enjoy your hard work. Other than that it's a sweet looking bike. Good job.

• Leget

Posted November 01, 2006 - 10:11 AM

Very nice work, I hope my bike turns out half as nice as that one.

I agree...don't sell it.

• LandSharkGT

Posted November 01, 2006 - 10:17 AM

That bike gives me inspiration to get my bike finished with all the aftermarket stuff and Hi-Perf engine build!!!!
Bill

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SniperTeamBravo

Posted November 01, 2006 - 10:31 AM

Looks like the dirt version of my XR600R Supermoto!

• cleonard

Posted November 01, 2006 - 02:43 PM

Looks awesome!

Hold on. It's never done. You know that, right? Now it's time for some suspension. Look for some later cartridge forks (1991 and up). It will make a big dirrerence compared to your damper rod forks.

How is the 11:1 piston? Does it ping on premium pump gas or do you run race gas?

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted November 01, 2006 - 03:47 PM

Yeah, in fact Ill sell ya my 1996 cartridge forks and tripples when I do my USD aswap. They have been all done up by Racetech....

• rebelventurer

Posted November 01, 2006 - 06:32 PM

Very nice, well done, and it looks well planned. A+ with bonus points!

• xr-jorger

Posted November 01, 2006 - 06:49 PM

looks great, now I have to finish mine:eek:

• exaresix

Posted November 01, 2006 - 07:48 PM

How come the black tank looks all scored and scratched up? Is this the way the Baja kit looks new? The white and red stock tanks don't show scratches like this even after years of riding.

Nice restoration work, and I'm sure 'she' rips, but I still like the stock look best. My XR600 is a 'he' — no aftermarket emasculation.

DT

• xr500_89

Posted November 02, 2006 - 12:16 PM

possibly cause i rode it and got a few scratches thanks to a very small palm tree and it kinda came that way, but i already do have the upgraded suspension those came with all the parts when i bought the bike and i know its never done im already considering buying an electrosport speedometer. and the 11:1 piston doesnt even ping i ran it for a few hours before realizing i put in 87 octane and no pings so i filled her up with 91 and she runs even better.

• xr500_89

Posted November 03, 2006 - 09:19 PM

Yeah, in fact Ill sell ya my 1996 cartridge forks and tripples when I do my USD aswap. They have been all done up by Racetech....

hmm pm me a price and i'll see what we can work out

• chpxr

Posted December 29, 2006 - 09:32 AM

it appears we have a lot of xr600 on the site i was starting to think everyone owns a 650 on the site lol i think us 600 guys need to start posting more and let them know us 600 guys are still alive lol great looking bike's guy's
:confused: :lol:
ok now where do you cali guys ride most of the time i'm usally out a stoddard wells or johnson valley every now and then lake el mirage

• x400r

Posted December 31, 2006 - 05:56 PM

well, I would not sell it

Nice looking bike, jeez

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.