avgas in wr450

8 replies to this topic
  • davo ttt

Posted October 31, 2006 - 05:06 PM

:mad: this might sound silly but i would like to know if i can run avgas through my wr450 or is it likely to blow it up?

• zao

Posted October 31, 2006 - 05:13 PM

I run avgas in my yz450 so you shouldnt have any problems

• XCgeek

Posted October 31, 2006 - 05:13 PM

Why do you want to do this/ It will not give you any more power (probably take power away) unless you have done some serious engine mods

• cleonard

Posted October 31, 2006 - 05:19 PM

Why do you want to do this/ It will not give you any more power (probably take power away) unless you have done some serious engine mods

I agree. The engine is designed to run on normal premium pump gas. AV gas wll not give any more power. It likely will give you extra depsoits in the head and you don't want that.

Now if you are running a higher compression piston, that's another matter. AV gas should help then. It's not race gas by any approximation. Depending on where you live 100 octane pump fuel may be available. It's $5/gal or so , but usually somewhat cheaper than race gas.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • davo ttt

Posted October 31, 2006 - 05:24 PM

ok thanks ill forget about it

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted October 31, 2006 - 06:04 PM

You can run it, but it's pointless to.

• peakbagger

Posted October 31, 2006 - 09:09 PM

run it, mix it 50/50 with pump super. Avgas is a much more consistant and more power fuel. Your bike will love it and it will have more power and better low end.

• Alley Cat

Posted October 31, 2006 - 09:26 PM

:mad: this might sound silly but i would like to know if i can run avgas through my wr450 or is it likely to blow it up?

Hey Davo, great fuel for the 2 banger but doesn't really do much for the 4 strokes. This is because 2 bangers thrive on leaded fuel.
We have way better pump fuel than the US mate.
Try it out (it smells great!:mad: ) but it won't do much if anything for power.

• davo ttt

Posted November 01, 2006 - 03:26 AM

thanks again

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.