Anyone running hotcam 4044-1E in their WR450F?

6 replies to this topic
  • Alley Cat

Posted October 30, 2006 - 09:43 PM

The 4044-1E is supposed to be for WR/YFZ with e-start.
Anyone running this cam in their 450? Any problems?

I got my engine torn down at the moment, may as well throw in some better parts!

• Fullbore4

Posted October 30, 2006 - 10:33 PM

I haven't tried hotcam but I like the yz cam. My 06 runs better in low and top end but its a little harder starting. The yz cam also has the same lift and duration of a wr cam so the valves shouldn't wear out prematurely. Sorry I can't help with hotcams.

• Alley Cat

Posted October 30, 2006 - 11:03 PM

Thanks Fullbore4.
I have been looking at the YZ cam very strongly, but for what it would cost me, the hotcam is the same price, ~$200 Australian. I was going to throw both inlet and exhaust cams in, by looking at the dyno's, they provide even more top end punch over just the YZ exhaust cam which is what I am after.

I have a procircuit Ti GP lowboy system and vortex ignition, so bottom - mid is definately not a problem even if I did loose a bit.

As for premature valve wear, I don't think you are going to get that from hotcams since they are indeed a drop in cam.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Alley Cat

Posted October 31, 2006 - 07:46 PM

No one running hotcams?

• 04450wrF

Posted November 01, 2006 - 02:05 AM

yeah mate, you should stick with the genuine stuff, wont wreck ya valves,
YZ cam is the way to go
i've heard of bikes self igniting and exploding and causing famine, pestilence and the black plague when they use aftermarket stuff.
not tryin to scare ya, just thought i should let ya know.

• Alley Cat

Posted November 01, 2006 - 02:53 PM

I've heard of that happening before.......
I might have to change to black plastics or something to please the gods of power. Genuine of course.....

• BIGchiefKODIAK

Posted November 01, 2006 - 06:17 PM

I just put the yz cams in mine. Was thinking about hotcams.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.