Acerbis tank and radiator guards

3 replies to this topic
  • trailordune

Posted October 30, 2006 - 03:23 PM

I want to buy an Acerbis tank for my 04 wr450 and I know with an 04 I'll need to buy 05 - 06 tank shrouds. My question is I have Devol rad guards and want to know if they will still fit with the newer shrouds and tank. Maybe I'll need to do a little fab work on them? Thanks for any info. These guards have just been great and if they won't work I might think about a side panel tank. Another thought, anyone hear back if the guy that ordered the 4 gallon Aqualine ever got it? Thanks. :mad: :mad: :mad:

• BajaFool

Posted October 31, 2006 - 08:07 AM

I put an Acerbis 3.4 gal tank on my 2003 WR (same shroud and tank setup as your 2004) with a Devol heavy duty radiator guard installed. You do need to change to YZ radiator shrouds or buy 2005-2006 WR shrouds. Installation on the 2003 required just a little bit of trimming on the back side of the shrouds, not a problem.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • boer

Posted November 05, 2006 - 09:44 AM

Anybody using the B&B rad gaurds from oz with the 3.4 or 6.6 Acerbis tanks? I am looking for a bigger tank which will fit with my rad gaurds/braces?

• johnnyjeep

Posted November 05, 2006 - 07:54 PM

I run with the 6.6, but no guards. I dont think you need them. I am more worried about the petcocks than the radiators. the tank is huge and covers everything.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.