pro circuit platinum exhaust too loud

7 replies to this topic
  • thunderhog

Posted October 30, 2006 - 03:23 PM

My 93 xr 600r has a pro circuit exhaust with stock header pipe. It's cool, but is really just too loud. I would prefer to be more stealth, rather than turn heads when I cruise through town (plated the " thunderhog" this past summer!). The bike has some mods from previous owner: unifilter, xr's only jet kit, stage one hot cam. It really moves out, and I want to keep it that way. Anyone have any suggestions on how to quiet down this muffler? I want to avoid spending big dollar on a new muffler. I saw a "silencer" in the thumpertalk store. Not sure if it will even fit the pipe, and am a little supect of how much it will quiet the pipe. thanks p.s. the xr600 is an awesome machine!

• dangerranger21

Posted October 30, 2006 - 05:04 PM

Thanks for giving a review for that pipe because right now I am in the market for a new system I think I am going to go with the BIG GUN full system and i think its at 94 decibels

• MindBlower

Posted October 30, 2006 - 07:19 PM

Have you checked with pro circuit? Maybe they make a core for it. I think they're known for being loud in general.

• philipstjohn

Posted October 30, 2006 - 08:39 PM

My bike came with the stock exhaust tip drilled out. My question, is the XR'S exhaust canister hollow or "packed" stock? On mine, the mid pipe just feeds into the canister and the is nothing but the drilled tipped in between? Is this normal? And, how loud is this set up compared to a T-4 pro curcuit exhaust?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rebelventurer

Posted October 31, 2006 - 02:27 PM

The big gun exhuast is not a very good choice, inferior quality(mild steel pipe and aluminum can, screwy fasteners, does not line up that well):mad:

• ThunderChicken

Posted October 31, 2006 - 03:00 PM

Rebel,

Is that based on the newer Big Gun EVO X or their exhaust from a few years ago?

I was thinking about running the EVO X full system.

• rebelventurer

Posted October 31, 2006 - 04:31 PM

Thunder chicken, (cool screen name) That qoute is based on the current models of their exhaust, have a friend who has one it is already rusting at the inlet to the silencer, and at the header by the exhaust ports and is not lined up very well. Its 4 months old, garage kept and very clean. He says he spent 3 hours trying to get it lined up right. Read what dirt rider says about them in their dec. 06 issue.I would hate for you to spend the money then regret soon after. Believe me if they were a good pipe I would not be saying otherwise. I would refer you elsewhere but someone reported my last refferal as a scam. PM me if you would like to know where I would get a pipe.

• dick757

Posted November 01, 2006 - 04:46 PM

PC does make a quiet core for the pipe
Had one and still do have the core
It did make it a bit less noisy, but still loud when you crack it, it also took a hint of the power away

I got the 496 modle and it is a stealth pipe and in no way would I think it is in the same family as the T4

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.