WR450FV Throttle change

9 replies to this topic
  • cruzzze

Posted October 30, 2006 - 02:04 PM

First of all I'd like to say hey to everybody here being this is post number one. I just bought a new 2006 WR450FV and love the bike. Now bear with me on this. I'm 48 yrs old and used to motocross in the "old" day. Being a factory Husky rider back when I've always loved MX. Been away from it for sometime and have been riding the 450 now for a couple of months and love it. If you would have said 4 stroke back then you would have been laughed off the course, so it is really nice to ride a hot stroker. Ok now heres the problem. My wife is now riding a TT230, rather new to this, and loves the heck out of it. Obviously it's not a racehorse of a bike, and thats a good thing for her. But when we try to ride together I'm on and off the throttle constantly trying to ride with her. Does Yamaha make a different throttle so it's not the " on and off" style throttle, one that is more forgiving. Any ideas? Don't want to lose that crack, but would be alot more comfortable trail riding with her. Thanks for the input.

Brew:banghead:

• Alley Cat

Posted October 30, 2006 - 02:16 PM

Hey mate, I know how frustrating it can be.....
Here are some ideas. You can get a throttle cam system which changes how much throttle is used when you turn the throttle.
The other is your gearing. If you slap on a 15 front sprocket, you can torque around all day in 2nd and 3rd.
The best of all I think is to make your wife angry, they always ride a lot faster when they are angry!

• Fullbore4

Posted October 30, 2006 - 02:32 PM

The best of all I think is to make your wife angry, they always ride a lot faster when they are angry!

At least his wife rides :mad:

• cruzzze

Posted October 30, 2006 - 02:46 PM

Yeah I think the angry part is coming cause I usually ride away and then hangout waiting......where would I find the throttle cam system?

• cruzzze

Posted October 30, 2006 - 03:02 PM

Found it, now if I can figure out how to put it on when it gets here!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Alley Cat

Posted October 30, 2006 - 03:33 PM

At least his wife rides :mad:

It does have it's advantages, and it's downsides.
I have learned the meaning of patience..... no doubt Cruzzze has too!
My fiance' has come along way since starting to ride 2 years ago, she can put alot of my mates to shame now. It's funny to watch.

Hold in there Cruzze, she will get better. Just make sure she pushes her self every ride.

• TWILES

Posted October 31, 2006 - 08:03 AM

My wife rides a Honda 450R quad and waiting is a big problem. The bad thing is that I can ride the quad as hard as it will go and can't even come close to a fast crusing speed on the WR. 5th gear on that thing is like 4th on the bike. Atleast you guys got your women on bikes. I've been begging her to switch to 2 wheels for a while and she won't. In her mind she looks a whole lot cooler on the 450 quad than she would on a TTR. I think one of these 150F race bikes would fit her perfect. Mabey Yamaha will have one out next year. I'm NOT buying another Honda.

• Alley Cat

Posted October 31, 2006 - 01:52 PM

In her mind she looks a whole lot cooler on the 450 quad than she would on a TTR. I think one of these 150F race bikes would fit her perfect. Mabey Yamaha will have one out next year. I'm NOT buying another Honda.

Get her a WR250F. That's what I got my fiance'. One reason was I would absolutely hate to be on a TTR, so why should she be?
The second is that the WR is lighter and easier to pick up. The power is a lot better too and it's easier to ride than the TTR. Best of all, I can ride her bike when my WR450F is out of action!!! :mad:

• TWILES

Posted October 31, 2006 - 03:35 PM

She's too short. Otherwise that would be what she got. She fits an 80 just right. I really think a CRF150R would be perfect but I want a blue one.

• Alley Cat

Posted October 31, 2006 - 07:24 PM

Hahaha, next year my friend, next year.
They have had one ready to go for a few years now.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.