xr 650 choke plate

5 replies to this topic
  • n2motocrf450

Posted October 30, 2006 - 08:23 AM

What is the issue with being recommended to change the choke plate on these Xr650's, I have a 2004 xr 650r, could anyone please explain or post picture's? Thanks.:mad:

• pigryder

Posted October 30, 2006 - 08:40 AM

Well they say that the spring and plate, the little flapper on the choke plate come apart and get sucked into the intake. All that is required is a new choke plate like the one from xrs only that doesnt have the spring and flapper, theres just two screws that hold it on. Very easy to replacehttp://www.xrsonly.c...emart&Itemid=77

• n2motocrf450

Posted October 30, 2006 - 08:52 AM

Thanks for the reply, does this change or cause any problems on initial startup when using the choke, when you replace with aftermarket choke plate? Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HawkGT

Posted October 30, 2006 - 09:05 AM

I justs removed the choke plate flapper--didn't replace it with another unit. The choke still functions.

• vaughn

Posted October 30, 2006 - 11:29 AM

I justs removed the choke plate flapper--didn't replace it with another unit. The choke still functions.

I have to disagree with the choke still working as before. I removed mine and immediately notice a lack of choke effect. You could move the choke lever from full to mid to off and not tell hardly any running difference at idle. I started much harder also. I think this is dependent on your pilot/fuel screw setting, temperature and altitude as the affect of the choke. For me, I would get the replacement plate from XRs Only.

• pigryder

Posted October 30, 2006 - 11:31 AM

I have to disagree with the choke still working as before. I removed mine and immediately notice a lack of choke effect. You could move the choke lever from full to mid to off and not tell hardly any running difference at idle. I started much harder also. I think this is dependent on your pilot/fuel screw setting, temperature and altitude as the affect of the choke. For me, I would get the replacement plate from XRs Only.

I agree when I removed my flapper the choke didnt work as before so I bought the aftermarket one and its works as new

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.