Leaking Carb

1 reply to this topic
  • SPECIAL_K

Posted October 30, 2006 - 08:06 AM

i know its suppose to leak a little bit, but it seems like as soon as i turn the gas on, gas just comes pouring out of the bottom hose on the carb. its a 02 wr and i'm getting ready to sell it. i'm sure if i had some time i could search thru the archives and find an answer, but i was hoping you guys could give me a quick fix or something.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted October 30, 2006 - 09:21 AM

The float valve is probably stuck... Your carb probably needs a good cleaning. But, if you don't want to do that just grab a rubber mallet and lightly tap on the carb body to free the float valve. You just might get lucky and free the debris that's stuck in there.... Should work, don't go crazy with the mallet, just tap it a few times.......

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.