Michelin AC10 experience??

4 replies to this topic
  • eissinger4

Posted October 30, 2006 - 05:36 AM

Has anyone out there had any experience with the Michelin AC10's? I have an '06 WR450, and I use it 95% dirt, 5% road. I bought it used, and it needs new tires. I found a good deal on the Michelins, but I'de like to know if they're worth a damn! Thx..:mad:

• bigredted

Posted October 30, 2006 - 07:39 AM

Go for it. I ran the AC10's last winter in the wettest January in years. They hooked up well. And they last a little longer than other Michelins. Good DOT tire! Where is this deal on them? AC10's are worth a small fortune here in Canada.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dangermouse007

Posted October 30, 2006 - 03:26 PM

Not sure on your laws etc etc...

but can you use Mich Comp 3 and 4, IMO they are better then the AC10's...

• UGG

Posted October 31, 2006 - 01:49 PM

Recommend the AC10's front and back. I have gone over to them from various types of Enduro tyres, they hook well here in the UK in various conditions, shale, clay, bogs, rocks, tree roots etc. Wear pretty well too considering how the WR450's can eat rear tyres.
AC10's here are marked MST which means they are road legal in the UK.:mad:

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted October 31, 2006 - 04:44 PM

My experience with them is in soft terrain. The front tire sucks in sand but the rear is ok. Not the best but ok. I like the Kenda trakmaster rear much better in soft terrain but haven't yet found a decent DOT tire for the front.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.