xr 600 carb

6 replies to this topic
  • xr600-mn

Posted October 29, 2006 - 08:38 PM

I believe I have a 1986 honda xr 600, but it's missing the dual carb setup. I've tried finding them in a few motorcycle junkyards and on ebay but have had no luck. Any suggestions?
thanks.

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted October 30, 2006 - 01:11 PM

I believe I have a 1986 honda xr 600, but it's missing the dual carb setup. I've tried finding them in a few motorcycle junkyards and on ebay but have had no luck. Any suggestions?
thanks.

EBAY every time I go there they have a set of dual carbs for an early XR on there....last week they did.

• xr500_89

Posted October 31, 2006 - 08:59 PM

my suggestion lose the dual carb setup

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • LandSharkGT

Posted November 01, 2006 - 10:14 AM

Can you literally switch out the dual airbox and carbs for a single type carb and airbox?

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted November 01, 2006 - 11:03 AM

Can you literally switch out the dual airbox and carbs for a single type carb and airbox?

Maybe he knows somehting we don't? I would love to go to a single FCR41 on my 92 whihc has a 85 head on it for the power. I was thinking about just using one of the intake tracts on the dual boot and plugging up the other one. The shot itno the cylenders is about the same doing that as it is on a single manifold.....

• AlpineRAM

Posted August 29, 2008 - 10:18 AM

No, you can't do it this simply- you will have to move the upper shock mount to the side to get the air duct from the filter in.

Maybe he knows somehting we don't? I would love to go to a single FCR41 on my 92 whihc has a 85 head on it for the power. I was thinking about just using one of the intake tracts on the dual boot and plugging up the other one. The shot itno the cylenders is about the same doing that as it is on a single manifold.....
Just my 2c

Not a good idea to plug just one intake- even if you have the head with a passage between the intake ducts it will cost you a lot of flow. I'm running dual carbs and I love them, they do offer great power.
AlpineRAM

• cleonard

Posted August 29, 2008 - 11:04 AM

Just keep looking on ebay. It's kind of a slow time on there right now for bike parts. Keep looking and you will find one.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.