Question about the Auto Decomp cam for the 426

3 replies to this topic
  • Giant YZ426F

Posted October 29, 2006 - 06:07 PM

I'm not digging the decomp lever on my bike. Will that Decomp Cam installation make a difference?

• 02YZ426

Posted October 29, 2006 - 06:08 PM

It will make a huge difference. Read the sticky on top of the forum... loads of good info.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 29, 2006 - 07:18 PM

Uh, let me see if I can think of how to put this succinctly....YES.

But only if you want to forget everything you had to learn about "the drill", and be able to bump start it like a 125, or restart on the fly when you brake stall it going into a turn by just flicking the clutch. And there's the matter of a wider, stronger, more stepless power band. Otherwise, it's a waste. :mad:

• cowboyona426

Posted October 29, 2006 - 09:58 PM

Yeah, basically like gray said, don't waste your time :mad: Hands down I think this is the best bang for the buck mod out there for a 400/426.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.