Bar and Pipe question

4 replies to this topic
  • Thumper_426

Posted October 29, 2006 - 05:06 PM

Anyone using the Fasstco bars and Powerbomb heqader only on your WR450F? I plan on getting a Power Bomb header this winter minus the muffler for now. Handle bars I am not sure of since they are $300.00. Bar and pipe question almost sounds like I'm looking for a place to hang out,haha.....
Mark

• Alley Cat

Posted October 29, 2006 - 06:51 PM

Personally I would not spend $300 on a set of bars when fatbars are like $60.
Powerbomb headers are nice, after all, Yamaha are using powerbomb style headers on YZ's now (everywhere but USA). Personally I would get the muffler first, then header. This is because all the gains are from the muffler, and you may not even want the header any more. The header is good for moving the power around. The SX (longer one) version is good for bottom - mid, and MX (shorter one) version for mid - top. The Megabomb is ment to be good for both!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 300wby

Posted October 29, 2006 - 07:00 PM

I totally agree with Alley Cat. 300 for bars is flat wrong. You can find much better mods for 300d's.

• Audun

Posted October 30, 2006 - 04:19 AM

Handlebars for 300$?? Where do you find those? The most expensive handlebar Ive found is 90 dollars for some twinwall bars..

Fatbars is usually around 70 dollars!

I dont think the headpipe would do much difference without the muffler eighter.. So all in all it seems like a bad investment!

Imo.. ofcourse

• lixno

Posted October 30, 2006 - 05:32 AM

I am also having the same thoughts about the headpipe. The only difference is that i have an Akrapovic muffler which is pretty good. I wonder if the FMF MegaBomb will have gains throughout the whole power range. Has anyone tried it?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.