Revloc or Rekluse????

15 replies to this topic
  • jumbo12

Posted October 29, 2006 - 03:32 PM

Anyone running a automatic clutch??? What have people heard is better? Revloc or Rekluse?

Ryan Colorado

• byggd

Posted October 29, 2006 - 04:06 PM

Anyone running a automatic clutch??? What have people heard is better? Revloc or Rekluse?

Ryan Colorado

Do a search and you will find a couple dozen threads on this subject. I run a Rekluse, it's a outstanding product and their customer support is second to none! :mad:

• handlebar

Posted October 29, 2006 - 04:32 PM

Ryan Colorado

I run a Rekluse and if you ride technical stuff and are not a pro with the clutch like me you will love it.Makes tight stuff
much easier...great product:thumbsup: :mad:

• farkawi

Posted October 30, 2006 - 10:21 AM

They both do the same thing. The pros & cons as I see it are: the Rekluse costs less than the Revloc. But, since you live in CO, the Revloc might be a better deal as the manufacturer is located downtown. That makes tech support very accessible. I've ridden a Revloc equipped bike and it is a sweet setup for gnarly tight stuff.

• Chasejj

Posted October 30, 2006 - 10:39 AM

They both do the same thing. The pros & cons as I see it are: the Rekluse costs less than the Revloc. But, since you live in CO, the Revloc might be a better deal as the manufacturer is located downtown. That makes tech support very accessible. I've ridden a Revloc equipped bike and it is a sweet setup for gnarly tight stuff.

I suggest reading through all the threads here and on KTMtalk regarding these devices.
I have ridden an auto clutch for as long as they've been available practically 4years+. I know and ride with people that own both brands.I know of noone who has had anything catastrophic occur with either brand.
If you ride HARD and ride a big bore 4 stroke. I would go with the Revloc. They are engineered differently, even though they work in a similar manner they are light years apart on structural design.:mad:
Yes, the Revloc costs more . But the reason is that they address the issues with the clutch basket and the resultant forces on it, this makes their system require less tuning once setup and is truly an install and check it once a year deal depending on your riding style and mileage.
That does not mean I think the Rekluse is not a nice product. It is, and they seem to work well for a lot of people.
I personally will stick a new Revloc in my 07 450WR.:mad: I actually altered my new bike purchase to make sure that I could get a Revloc for my next bike since they don't make one for the 05-07 Husky's:banghead: .
The one in my 525EXC is getting sold as I parted out the whole bike.:mad:

• PICKLEMAN

Posted October 30, 2006 - 12:47 PM

ryan,
come on in and try the revloc first- I'll help you out the best we can.
what bike do yo have and what type of riding do you like to do most?

Dave

• Dhoppy

Posted October 30, 2006 - 02:50 PM

But the reason is that they address the issues with the clutch basket and the resultant forces on it, this makes their system require less tuning once setup and is truly an install and check it once a year deal depending on your riding style and mileage.

The next generation Rekluse will not require as much tuning as previous generations. It should be shipping now.

• MountainMax

Posted October 30, 2006 - 02:58 PM

do these clutches just allow you to start off? how do you shift them when moving? is the clutch lever still there? i am also interested in this.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted October 30, 2006 - 07:34 PM

I run a Rekluse.

• byggd

Posted October 31, 2006 - 06:26 AM

do these clutches just allow you to start off? how do you shift them when moving? is the clutch lever still there? i am also interested in this.

Off the line is where they shine the most, the clutch engages smoother than any human possibly could and in tight stuff you never stall!
To shift you just back off on the throttle, shift, and pin it again!
You can keep the clutch lever but it requires an additional kit. Personally I think it's worth it but other think not....to-each-his-own.
Check out the Rekluse site. You can buy them here at the TT store for a bit less $$ :mad:
http://rekluse.com/

• MountainMax

Posted October 31, 2006 - 08:38 AM

what about doing wheelies in the air and changing gears, will this work ok with the automatic clutch with no suprises???

• SUnruh

Posted October 31, 2006 - 09:48 AM

why not the EFM?

they've been around years longer than either one.

my EFM is 4+ years old.

and you just speed shift. no big deal.

• Dhoppy

Posted October 31, 2006 - 01:43 PM

why not the EFM?

they've been around years longer than either one.

my EFM is 4+ years old.

and you just speed shift. no big deal.

How about because their website is the most annoying I've seen today.

http://www.efmautocl...body_index.html

• StreetbikePimp

Posted November 01, 2006 - 10:33 AM

How about because their website is the most annoying I've seen today.

http://www.efmautocl...body_index.html

+1. That site does need alot of work..:mad:

• SUnruh

Posted November 01, 2006 - 11:00 AM

so what about a website.

the EFM was battle tested in shifter karts for 10+ years now. was tested in the GNCC years before revloc and rekluse were even companies.

i tend to think quality of product outweighs any website design or lack there of.
especially when all of the parts are made in ohio, usa.

• bigdrtrdr

Posted November 02, 2006 - 12:31 PM

I hope the new Rekluse design is better the the one I have now.
Dont get me wrong I like it, But I have had to replace the pressure plate and top plate and ball bearings. 200.00 in parts because the top plate wore out.
The balls will wear grooves in it and eventually start to stick. "mine were sticking in the engaged possition and causing the bike to stall all the time"

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.