07 prob

5 replies to this topic
  • whiteYZ

Posted October 29, 2006 - 02:09 PM

Hey guys I picked up a new white 450 on friday night and have about 1 hour on it. I installed a fuel screw in it because it seems like if I am sitting there at an idle and just blip in real fast a get a hesitation. The dealer said they moved the clip up one on the needle. Also have the fuel screw at 1 and 1/4 turns out and its bout 50 outside around 1000 above sea level. Also what should idle be set at as I had them install a tack slash hour meter on the bike. sorry for all the questions, i have been racing two strokes since now and am really cautious about messing anything up. Thanx

• Satch0922

Posted October 29, 2006 - 03:51 PM

bottom line.....just like a smoker...you need to go through the proper process of jetting the bike correctly.

Without knowing your altittude, (we know your temp) and your current settings....it would be impossible to give you advice.

Try doing a search on jetting tips and go from there.

• grayracer513

Posted October 29, 2006 - 03:59 PM

For one, unless you get the accelerator pump jacked up to the point where the bike actually runs bad because of all the gas that gets dumped in, or the pilot so rich that it blubbers, it will be possible to make the bike stumble in you "blip in" too fast, especially when it's in neutral (the timing changes). Most two-stroke guys have trouble adapting to this fact. You need to learn to roll the throttle rather than snap it open, opening it only a little at the first instant, and faster and farther as the engine responds. It's also true that what the bike does in neutral is almost totally unimportant. It's how it acts underway that counts.

That said, there is such a thing as too lean, and not enough off-idle throttle response even so. If I had an '07 with the stock 45 pilot in it, and it were 50 degrees outside, I would expect that I would need the fuel screw out closer to 2 turns out (in is lean, out is rich. backwards of what you're used to). I might consider a 48 pilot jet, and I would probably be sure the needle clip was in the 4th position. As it gets colder, the bike will need richer jetting, maybe a 170 main jet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • whiteYZ

Posted October 29, 2006 - 04:12 PM

sorry here is some more info that might help, altitude is below 1000ft. And it is between 40-50 south east pa, dealer said they moved clip to up 1 which i believe no 4 position is stock so should be on no 3 now. I believe the main jet is a 160 and pilot a 45. Does this sound correct. The bike does seem fine while i am riding it, just when its sitting there idling is when it happens.

• DPW

Posted October 29, 2006 - 04:52 PM

I believe the main jet is a 160 and pilot a 45. Does this sound correct. The bike does seem fine while i am riding it, just when its sitting there idling is when it happens.

160/45 is stock on the '07, if the bike is fine when riding it I would not worry about it. A lot of newer four strokes hesitate if you blip the throttle while they are idling.

• 700MX

Posted October 30, 2006 - 06:29 AM

For one, unless you get the accelerator pump jacked up to the point where the bike actually runs bad because of all the gas that gets dumped in, or the pilot so rich that it blubbers, it will be possible to make the bike stumble in you "blip in" too fast, especially when it's in neutral (the timing changes). Most two-stroke guys have trouble adapting to this fact. You need to learn to roll the throttle rather than snap it open, opening it only a little at the first instant, and faster and farther as the engine responds. It's also true that what the bike does in neutral is almost totally unimportant. It's how it acts underway that counts.

Gray, you are so right! I see guys going so rich out here just to get the lightning fast stand blip to not bog! Jet to the track, not your stand!

@ 5000 ft yosh full system, I am @ 158, 45 2 turns

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.