XRL suspesion up grades?

3 replies to this topic
  • goblin127

Posted October 29, 2006 - 11:20 AM

I need to do some upgrades to the front and rear suspension. Things I can do my self. Any idea's I weigh 220 with gear. Just some things I can do to bring it up to par with my weight. Not going to be jumping much. The way it is now I bottom out to often.

• rebelventurer

Posted October 29, 2006 - 12:21 PM

The forks are adjustable, check your manual. Look under the rubber caps on the bottom of the fork legs. You can also put some air in the forks 10psi makes a world of difference, you could change the fork oil to a heavier weight, you can get a fork brace from www.rswracing.com for about $80, this really tightens up the handling. On the rear you need at least a 10.5kg spring, check with rideaide@hotmail.com and can get the shock revalved if you desire, but the spring will help a lot. there are also two adjusters on the shock for damping one on the res. one at the lower mount and there is preload too but your heavy for the stock spring. I dont know what honda was thinking, I think the average weight of L riders is around 200lbs, spring is for 175. I hope this helps, please dont hesitate to ask for advise its free on ThumperTalk!!!!! No strings attached.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • radvocaat

Posted October 29, 2006 - 12:57 PM

IMO, get heavier springs, and change oil/height of oil. Thats easy. Change both yourself and then play with the adjustments. There are some good articles regarding doing suspensions yourself. I sent mine to get revalved. Maybe I should have tried myself, but time is tough sometimes. They sure set it up sweet though. I've been very happy with my fork brace too!

It's still a pig, but you'll notice a HUGE difference!

• goblin127

Posted October 29, 2006 - 02:10 PM

IMO, get heavier springs, and change oil/height of oil. Thats easy. Change both yourself and then play with the adjustments. There are some good articles regarding doing suspensions yourself. I sent mine to get revalved. Maybe I should have tried myself, but time is tough sometimes. They sure set it up sweet though. I've been very happy with my fork brace too!

It's still a pig, but you'll notice a HUGE difference!

Done all the adjusting, and I have the fork Brace. What I should have asked is how hard is it to replace the rear shock spring.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.