Boyeson quickshot on a 2007

31 replies to this topic
  • kyle450rider

Posted November 08, 2006 - 04:43 PM

The AP mod is checking to see that with the slide the AP arm moves at the same time. ON the YZs it will. I have not seen one yet that wont. But if it doesn't people either wire or use an Oring there

Get a smaller leak jet, #40. That will help a lot with the bog

sorry for asking but leak jet is same as the pilot right?

• grayracer513

Posted November 08, 2006 - 05:20 PM

No, the leak jet controls the size of a second opening in the accelerator pump circuit. Picture a pipe running from the pump at the bottom of the carb straight up to the throat, with a hole in it about 2/3 of the way up. The hole is the leak jet.

The reason it's used is that you only want fuel to squirt from the pump when the throttle is opened quickly, not when you're just cruising along and you only open the throttle a little, or slowly. Too much gas then would cause a stumble. By putting the leak jet in the circuit, opening the throttle slowly pumps gas only as far as the leak jet, where it spills back into the float bowl. Opening faster builds up enough pressure for it to shoot out of both places. Changing the size of the leak jet allows us to control the effect to get the right sized shot of fuel when we we want it.

• Captaincautious7

Posted November 08, 2006 - 06:48 PM

Rode 07 on initial ride after break-in and noticed bog when I hit thottle hard coming out of corner in 3rd. Installed Boyseen acc. cover and reduced rear to 47 with no more problems. Had previous experience with cover on my 05crf and was also very pleased with results. Cover works.

• Huckster

Posted November 08, 2006 - 07:11 PM

Rode 07 on initial ride after break-in and noticed bog when I hit thottle hard coming out of corner in 3rd. Installed Boyseen acc. cover and reduced rear to 47 with no more problems. Had previous experience with cover on my 05crf and was also very pleased with results. Cover works.

A 47 on the rear? Were you able to use 3rd in tight corners? MXA, to a tester, recommends going with a 50t rear.

• Captaincautious7

Posted November 09, 2006 - 03:22 PM

I don't use 3rd in a tight corner, but with the gearing change I can utilize 3rd considerably more around the track, thus reducing my shifting. Ran a 14/49 on my crf and was very satisfied. Although in fairness to the crf, at this point I would say it had more hit off bottom which helped with the higher gearing. Torque is a wonderful thing. With the Boyseen and the gearing my yzf pulls cleanly.

• Matt96xr6

Posted November 09, 2006 - 08:16 PM

sorry for asking but leak jet is same as the pilot right?

no. Thus it does not have the same name.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • twenty34

Posted November 09, 2006 - 08:55 PM

good thread...Maybe worthy of a sticky?:cheers:

• 700MX

Posted November 21, 2006 - 07:53 PM

MX700> I would also love to see some pics of the Yosh system. Does it only give more power in low to mid, no top?

Everyone> What exactly is the AP mod/Wire the AP? I'm thinking about getting the YZF '07..

check out my sponsorhouse page (bottom of this post).....there are some pics of the yosh pipe on my 07. I have more power every where....it even took out the quick "blip" bog. I love this pipe, and have ridden several others in comparison

• aford541

Posted November 23, 2006 - 06:04 PM

search Sick Throttle response.

• Matt96xr6

Posted November 23, 2006 - 06:20 PM

search Sick Throttle response.

That does not work on all bikes. Different years/models have a different ratio for the accel pump. Also on older bikes where the spring for the AP is getting weak you can notice a difference.

A few bikes that works really good are the KXF/RMZs as their AP linkage is slow to react. 06 CRF 250R worked well

But the 05 CRF250R already moves like it is tied. Same with the 06 YZs. Have not played with the older YZs for a while, but I remember they are like the 06 with about zero lag.

A properly jetted carb with the correct size LeakJet will work better than wiring the AP linkage up.

• ragdoll-SA

Posted November 24, 2006 - 02:00 AM

Please turn in your man card at the nearest man card station.

Or just get a 250F...:worthy:

• JohnnyOfast

Posted November 24, 2006 - 06:45 AM

Or just get a 250F...:D

:worthy:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.