Boyeson quickshot on a 2007

31 replies to this topic
  • kyle450rider

Posted October 29, 2006 - 11:06 AM

This is only my second ride on the bike and i love it.I do however have a bog when opening the throttle too quick,i dont have any popping on deceleration like some on this board.This is still an awesome bike and i couldnt be happier.I guess my question is has anyone tried the quickshot on a 06 or 07 and how did you like it.I dont want to mess with my jetting untill spring time when its warm.Do you think the bog is jetting or a accell pump issue?Also has anyone tried the thunder alley on a new yamaha.I have never heard of them untill i found TT and from the looks of there exhaust and all the good comments on TT it looks like a sure thing.

• SurvivorMan

Posted October 29, 2006 - 11:45 AM

Yes the quickshot helps with that type of bog. also try a fatter pilot jet, buy the next step larger and also 2 steps larger and play with these jets and your fuel screw. the stock muffler is a power robber, from what others are saying, it sounds like a worthy investment as well.

• whiteYZ

Posted October 29, 2006 - 03:19 PM

Hey I have the same prob on my 07. I just installed a fuel screw and tried adjusting it to get rid of it but no luck. Gonna call the dealership tomorrow and see what they say, just picked it up friday night.

• tmrider

Posted October 29, 2006 - 06:06 PM

i turned my fuel screw in 1/2 a turn and my bog was gone try messing with it beford you buy a quickshot.

• kyle450rider

Posted October 29, 2006 - 06:14 PM

I have already tried the fuel screw and almost got rid of it but will probably need to rejet.Any more comments on the thunderalley.From what i have seen and heard the stock exhaust is a serious power robber.To me it sounds like you could put a folgers can back there and gain horsepower!

• 700MX

Posted October 29, 2006 - 08:39 PM

I have the yosh pipe on my 07, jetted clean and it is solid!

Get a pipe, jet it correctly, and you probably wont see the need for the QS

• hi everybody

Posted October 29, 2006 - 10:08 PM

700, how do you like the yosh pipe? did you get the RS2?

• Matt96xr6

Posted October 30, 2006 - 08:09 AM

The AP covers are about the biggest waste of $80 that you can spend. They will not cure the bog.

Now spending the money for the brass jets - main, pilot and LeakJet and an extended fuel screw will be cheaper and fix your problem. Jet the carb properly! Remember you have the main, pilot, Leak jets and then needle clip position and finally the fuel screw to get dialed in.

• grayracer513

Posted October 30, 2006 - 08:35 AM

http://www.thumperta...441#post3955441

• kyle450rider

Posted October 30, 2006 - 09:50 AM

Thanks for the info gray.Now if somebody would tell me how they like there thunderalley exhaust i'd be in business.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted October 30, 2006 - 03:51 PM

I've heard nothing but good things about the quickshot. Don't know if that alone would resolve the bog though..

• kxman

Posted October 30, 2006 - 03:58 PM

Get your getting right, wire the A/P and there will be NO bog. No parts need to be bought except jets if you don't already have them.

• 700MX

Posted October 30, 2006 - 04:34 PM

700, how do you like the yosh pipe? did you get the RS2?

I am a VERY picky, and for outdoor mx (i race 250 pro & vet pro) the full yosh ti system helped the power......roll on to upper mid! I really like it, would recomend it, and the craftsmanship is impressive!

• aedwards07

Posted October 31, 2006 - 01:58 PM

700MX can you post a pic of how far your muffler sticks out from your numberplate?

Also For the bog you can also do the AP mod.It works wonders.

• ragdoll-SA

Posted November 08, 2006 - 07:07 AM

I installed the quickshot and it deffinately sorted the bog out, problem was that it made it to responsive ...if that's possible and i actually took it out..
I far more enjoy the chugging motor over a supper responsive 1..and if you play with the airscrew it does go away ...unless u doing supercross type rythm sections.

• jeffboyd47m

Posted November 08, 2006 - 07:45 AM

I would consider a Dr D pipe. They work really well and are rock solid in their craftmanship, plus you can buy a complete system for about 500 bucks.

• spuj

Posted November 08, 2006 - 08:41 AM

MX700> I would also love to see some pics of the Yosh system. Does it only give more power in low to mid, no top?

Everyone> What exactly is the AP mod/Wire the AP? I'm thinking about getting the YZF '07..

• Joe_Jet

Posted November 08, 2006 - 11:20 AM

i turned my fuel screw in 1/2 a turn and my bog was gone try messing with it beford you buy a quickshot.

Ditto

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted November 08, 2006 - 01:08 PM

I installed the quickshot and it deffinately sorted the bog out, problem was that it made it to responsive ...if that's possible and i actually took it out..
I far more enjoy the chugging motor over a supper responsive 1..and if you play with the airscrew it does go away ...unless u doing supercross type rythm sections.

Please turn in your man card at the nearest man card station.

• Matt96xr6

Posted November 08, 2006 - 01:26 PM

The AP mod is checking to see that with the slide the AP arm moves at the same time. ON the YZs it will. I have not seen one yet that wont. But if it doesn't people either wire or use an Oring there

Get a smaller leak jet, #40. That will help a lot with the bog

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.