Anybody do worcs races on stock tank?

6 replies to this topic
  • d-bikeguy

Posted October 28, 2006 - 09:59 AM

I am just aquired a 04 yz450 and was curious as to the range you can get at a moderate race pace? The class I would be in races for approx 60 minutes which usually equates to roughly 25-30 miles. Thanx in advance!

• Swanny40

Posted October 28, 2006 - 04:34 PM

You should have no problem. I have done 30+ miles of moderate paced trail riding on the stock tank of my '06 450F. I did a WORCS race on my old YZ250 on a stock take with no problems.

• Drfletcherdc

Posted October 29, 2006 - 09:41 AM

I have done two WORCS races vet novice class this year at Taft and Havasu. I had plenty of gas left for the toughest races of the year.

P.S. Don't ask me how I did.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 29, 2006 - 10:16 AM

How'd you do?

And yes, I am a smartass. :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Drfletcherdc

Posted October 29, 2006 - 11:39 AM

Not very good at Taft. I put on some new ASV levers and it was the first time on the 4 stroke. The levers came lose and the clutch lever was barely attached to the handlebars. At Havasu after starting dead last, I was worked my way past over half the field until I decided to swap out wide open in 3rd gear along the beach. It took me another lap to shake the cob webs.
You had to ask.

• d-bikeguy

Posted October 29, 2006 - 03:37 PM

Thanks for the replies. I am planning on participating in the Mesquite worcs race this week and have yet to really test how far I can get from one tank of gas. Trust me the last thing I really should be worrying about is sufficient gas.......skills are a much bigger problem!

• Swanny40

Posted October 29, 2006 - 04:40 PM

If the WORCS race at Mesquite is anything like the WORCS race in Decatur, TX then the track will not be very technical. It was motocross, open field racing, and one man made rock section.

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.