Ugliest XR Part...

21 replies to this topic
  • squatpuke

Posted October 27, 2006 - 08:34 AM

Has gotta be those fork boots...IMHO.

Any aftermarket alternatives....

• Agent2

Posted October 27, 2006 - 08:52 AM

Yeah - Sealsavers. Not too tough to install and looks a lot better. I get about 2 years out of a pair. Rocky Mountain has Tusk brand "sealsavers" if you are on a budget.

• HawkGT

Posted October 27, 2006 - 09:54 AM

I'm using Sealsavers. So far so good.

Posted Image

• rebelventurer

Posted October 27, 2006 - 10:15 AM

I have the forkskins on other bikes and they work, will be getting some for the pig! Oh, they have velcro so you just wrap them around the fork tube and wallah, done.:mad:

• BWB63

Posted October 27, 2006 - 02:06 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

• adam574

Posted October 27, 2006 - 03:21 PM

what brand fork brace is that?

• adam574

Posted October 27, 2006 - 03:35 PM

i looked on the rocky mountain site and don't really understand there lenghts.

it says 44-50mm long but there is no way that would cover all of the fork

• adam574

Posted October 27, 2006 - 03:37 PM

one mroe question.... do they constantly need ajdustments on the trial... looks like they might get bunched up from all the suspension action

• HawkGT

Posted October 27, 2006 - 06:05 PM

BWB63's brace looks like a Superbrace. I've got one and like it.

The measurement is the diameter of the fork tube, not the length. The XR650R has 46mm tubes.

I've never had mine bunch up or need adjustment.

• frankstr

Posted October 27, 2006 - 06:49 PM

Thats what works for me...Hold up pretty good...

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture 020.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grobbins81

Posted October 27, 2006 - 06:52 PM

I think its that exhaust on the 70-80-100- the way it looks is kinda ugly to me:thumbsdn: i like the silver racing bike color:ride:

• BWB63

Posted October 28, 2006 - 08:31 AM

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC sells Tusk Neoprene Seal Guards for $9~$12 the long 44mm~50mm ones work on our bike if you have a fork brace (that is the setup I have). Some times it gets a little lump in it but, not all bunched up. Yes, Mine is a SuperBrace and it is has a machined in fork boot holding collar, Works great. I missed what the 70-80-100- exhaust???? I am a little slow and that went over my head.

• Quick Draw

Posted October 28, 2006 - 08:40 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Damn, that's a sick looking bike! :mad: I've never seen anything like it...... I bet it's heavy as :mad: though.....lol Then again, most 650s are...

• MindBlower

Posted October 28, 2006 - 08:58 AM

To each their own, but those sure don't look better than boots to me. :mad:

• spotsboss

Posted October 28, 2006 - 11:01 AM

The Halloween scooter. D-a-r-r-r-r-r-r-k.

Stinkbug rear fender keeps rider nice 'n centered...

:mad:

• BWB63

Posted October 28, 2006 - 12:34 PM

Damn, that's a sick looking bike! :mad: I've never seen anything like it...... I bet it's heavy as :mad: though.....lol Then again, most 650s are...

Both without fuel that bike weighs two pounds more then a stock bike. Both full of fuel it weighs 18 pounds more then a stock bike but, with the longer travel CR500 shock and 20mm longer forks it "feels" much lighter.

Bored to 680cc with 102.4mm Wiseco 11:1 piston, Barnums Pro cam, Corillo Rod, Kimberwhite valve springs & S/S valves w/ 3mm oversized intake valves, HRC valve chain, Moriwaki Full Exhaust, Edelbrock bored to 42mmX40mm, 19 needle 16 clicks out, pump screw 2.5 turns on, Forks have: Eibach 45kg/mm Fork springs w/re-shimmed & ported compression valve, 110mm 2.5wt ultra light Golden Spectro SPL Fork Fluid, Shock is a CR500 shock with Eibach10kg shock spring, Gold Valve, shimmed for racing, 200psi nitrogen, US-1 RaceTech shock oil, Clarke 4.3 tank, UNI air filter, Holes in air filter cover, No back fire screen, Baja Designs Sol-Tek 100watt Baja Light, Galfer Steel Braided Brake Lines and brake pads, Titex rear rotor, EBC-280mm oversized front rotor, Scott's steering dampener, Applied triple clamp, SuperBrace fork brace, Neoprene Seal Guards, Renthal RC Fatty Bars, Oil sight tube, Acerbis; Pro-Hand guards, LED Tail Light, Fender w/ fender brace & front rotor cover, XR's Only's, Chain Guard, case saver & skid plate, BajaDesigns Shark Fin, IMS Fluidyne Radiators & Pro foot pegs, Spyder Grips, Ceet seat cover, LED tail/brake light, 80watt/120watt duel stage stator & stator case vent tube, 49or47 Iron Man sprocket with 15 tooth counter shaft sprocket, X-ring EVR2 Gold chain, Black Excel rims, Red Rad hubs and Extra Heavy Duty Spokes, 115 NAPA Thermostat, Evens Coolant, Shock Sock

• bsa441

Posted October 28, 2006 - 05:27 PM

When the grit gets behind the neopreme it will sand away on the fork tube plating.......Id use em for Red Bull coolies. Fork Boots ....is goodt.

• BWB63

Posted October 29, 2006 - 07:35 PM

When the grit gets behind the neopreme it will sand away on the fork tube plating.......Id use em for Red Bull coolies. Fork Boots ....is goodt.

I'll have to check this out. I thought they were water proof but, then again I didn't check. Whole reason for them is to have "0" dirt reaching the fork tube or getting to the seals. I have 100 miles on mine in the worst silt and sand so, I will pull them and check what got past the neopreme.

• bsa441

Posted October 31, 2006 - 09:00 AM

May have spoke to soon on my above comment, just read about them on the SRC site , if you zip ty them top and bottom as Mr. Summers suggests .....good to go. He should know ...:mad:

• ThunderChicken

Posted October 31, 2006 - 09:11 AM

I'm using Sealsavers. So far so good.

Posted Image

Hawk,

I feel like I've asked you this before but what headlight is that and is it street legal in CA? (from the photo I'm assuming you are in SoCal)

Also, is there room between the headlight hardware and the front fender for a front fender mounted steering dampener?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.