BRP: fork-oil R&R, suspension adjust

5 replies to this topic
  • Zapp22

Posted October 27, 2006 - 07:22 AM

guys
I need to make sure what's going on with my forks. I don't care for the shop manuals instruction 'cause it assumes a complete teardown & rebuild. don't need that much. is there a tutorial somewhere on removing the old, making sure you get as much of it out as possible, and replacing it with how much, and how to bleed/compress, etc.
And is there a guide on fork oil weight for type of riding and load?

I have seen this somewhere in the past and now go through my stuff and cannot locate:bonk:

thx
z

• redryder03

Posted October 27, 2006 - 01:32 PM

guys
I need to make sure what's going on with my forks. I don't care for the shop manuals instruction 'cause it assumes a complete teardown & rebuild. don't need that much. is there a tutorial somewhere on removing the old, making sure you get as much of it out as possible, and replacing it with how much, and how to bleed/compress, etc.
And is there a guide on fork oil weight for type of riding and load?

I have seen this somewhere in the past and now go through my stuff and cannot locate:bonk:

thx
z

Check out advrider.com , pretty sure i saw it in there someplace. maybe a neduro post.

• BWB63

Posted October 27, 2006 - 02:13 PM

If your talking XRR http://www.xr650r.bo...r650r_forks.htm

www.xr650r.borynack.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Zapp22

Posted October 27, 2006 - 06:09 PM

If your talking XRR http://www.xr650r.bo...r650r_forks.htm

www.xr650r.borynack.com

you win, dude.
I dunno how many times I have visited this site.... didn't recall seeing this:crazy:

• BWB63

Posted October 28, 2006 - 09:33 AM

Yes, that site does not have the best layout and I think it was put together by a mad man. It would take months to edit to get it to where it would make sense to the average guy. Lots of info. if that page happens to be working. The suspension pages have a lot of links that are over looked. The links have the most info and some of the pages don't make sense without going to the links first........then the link pages don't always work:banghead:

• Zapp22

Posted October 30, 2006 - 07:00 AM

sheesh... as many of these bikes as there are around, you would think......

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.