CRF150R Lean Bog

12 replies to this topic
  • KTMTIM2006

Posted October 26, 2006 - 07:25 PM

Just brought home the new 150, and started it for the first time, and it ran on the choke fine during th warm up period, I pushed the choke button all the way in and blipped the throttle and the bike appears to have a severe " Lean Bog" I played with needle settings and air screw adjustments with no luck does anyone know the fix, so I do not have to recreate the wheel, Thanks

• 5150_clothing_designs

Posted October 26, 2006 - 07:33 PM

main 140 pilot 42-48

• KTMTIM2006

Posted October 26, 2006 - 07:35 PM

Thanks

• New_2_4Strokes

Posted October 27, 2006 - 04:02 AM

Also, be sure to let it warm up fully. It's a cold natured beast.

• Eddie Sisneros

Posted October 27, 2006 - 05:50 AM

what does it do when you ride it?

• 476MX

Posted October 27, 2006 - 03:30 PM

We are in NY and ours was lean for here also, bogged weather you were riding it or it was in neutral. We went to a 45 pilot and it was better but a bit rich at that piont so we ended up at 42 pilot and 138 main. It idles smothly with the fuel screw at about 2 turns out. if your tooling around on the trails and really rap the throttle it still would bog. Did the o-ring on the accel pump and it did the trick. in neutral it will still bog(naturally) but riding it will not, not even when lugging at slow speed and then twist it. The manual jetting chart shows a 40 pilot for all elevations and temp!! maybe a misprint

• Roos1800

Posted October 30, 2006 - 05:00 AM

Get yourself a boysen quick shot, the crf250 one fit fine it will fix the problem.

• 476MX

Posted October 30, 2006 - 10:38 AM

The quick shot didnt help ours much at all, the pilot jet and the o-ring on the ap made the most difference.

• armourbl

Posted October 30, 2006 - 12:55 PM

145 MJ, 45 PJ, 2 turns out on FS. I also had to bump up the idle a tad. Now she can start it even off the center stand in one or two easy kicks.

ben

• 111toybox

Posted October 30, 2006 - 04:46 PM

What is the O ring trick.

Thanks

• 476MX

Posted October 31, 2006 - 04:28 AM

On the side of the carb there is a blask cover over the area where the cables mount. Remove the cover and you will see twards the bottom, an adjuster screw inside a spring. Turn the throttle and you will see that the screw moves away from the ap arm and allows the spring move the arm along with the screw. If you open the throttle quickly the ap arm lags behind. Put a rubber or neoprene o-ring around the two of them to help keep them together. The o-ring takes up some of the lag reducing the bog. Some guys wire the ap arm to the screw so that the arm and screw move together in real time. The 07 crf 450's (so ive heard) have a linkage on the ap so there is no lag. You can also tune the ap with different size leak jets. The bigger the leak jet the more fuel is passed back into the bowl, less fuel into the carb and less resistance on the ap meaning less lag. It also changes the duration of the squirt. The adjuster screw times the start point of the squirt. Trun the screw in and the squirt starts later, out starts the squirt sooner. if you start the squirt too soon the fuel hits the back of the carb slide, too late and you may increase the effect of the bog. You will not get rid of the bog while its in neutral, almost any 4 stroke wil quit if you wack the throttle fast from closet to wide open on the stand. Our 150 takes about 5-7 minutes to completely warm up so make sure your bike is up to temp before adjusting or making any evaluations, and go by how it responds while riding only, not on the stand or you will chase your tail. I hope this helps, i asked this same question about a month ago and the answers i got were not helpful and i didnt get a reply on the leak jet questions i had, so these findings are all from observations that i have made and adjustments that i have tried.I got the o-ring trick from a post in the 450 forum.And also save your money on the boyesen quick shot, it didnt make much difference in the bog, and maybe gained a little bit of throttle response when rolled on smoothly, but not $90 worth in my opinion.

• 111toybox

Posted October 31, 2006 - 07:26 AM

Thank you very much

• armourbl

Posted October 31, 2006 - 07:32 AM

I wired mine, seems to have helped.

ben

Related Content

Reviews

Honda CRF150RB Expert 2012 by ThumperTalk

Honda CRF150RB Expert 2012
  • 2 reviews
  • Last review by Andy0689
  • On March 31, 2014
Forums
Photo

2012 crf 150rb will not start HELPP! by jmasb509

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF150 R/Expert
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Things I need to know about New 2012 CRF150RB by jhoff_02

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

What bike to get... by Tandog99

• Hot  27 replies
Forums
Photo

2009 crf150rb hand guards by crf144

• 4 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.