my 06 and new 07 photo

19 replies to this topic
  • vs779

Posted October 26, 2006 - 04:46 PM

Posted Image

I picked it up the 07 11am and was riding from noon til sunset:ride: . By the way the 07 is the one on the left.

• vs779

Posted October 26, 2006 - 04:47 PM

Posted Image

one more

• Stripes123

Posted October 26, 2006 - 05:03 PM

did you notice any difference?

• vs779

Posted October 26, 2006 - 05:37 PM

Not too much, one thing for sure is the clutch pull its super light like a 125. The motor feels the same maybe a hair more down low on the 07. In regards to handling and suspension very close, keep in mind the 06 was a great bike and hard to improve on.. A few things they changed were lots of new style bolts everywhere, new top tripleclamp and mounts, new front brake hose, new lower chain guide, chain rollers, Nice thick graphics, complete new exhaust including a higher larger headpipe (sounds exactly the same while riding), radiator guards, higher bars and wave rotors. I think they were looking to drop a pound or so. Honestly if you gave me a brand new 06 I don't think I could tell the difference. This is the best bike out right now and I rode all the 07's back to back and the YZ feels the best and Im not loyal to any brand.

• mtrdrms

Posted October 27, 2006 - 09:09 AM

Could you post a pic of the new rad guards on the 07? Thanks

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted October 27, 2006 - 02:21 PM

So are you ever going to get them dirty?

• grayracer513

Posted October 27, 2006 - 02:58 PM

So are you ever going to get them dirty?

You better take a second look.

http://www.thumperta...427#post3947427

• vs779

Posted October 27, 2006 - 05:09 PM

Posted Image

Nice clean lightweight design

• Jaycycle

Posted October 27, 2006 - 05:20 PM

Looks nice, better go wash her!

I wonder if you can fit rad. braces over the existing stock ones? Or do they come off?

• joe346cbmx

Posted October 27, 2006 - 06:36 PM

I checked one out at the dealer 2 days ago and they also have the SE. very light clucth. I was wondering if the devol radiator guards wuold work on this bike too. I have them on my 06 YZ250. Much cheaper than a YZ radiator and strong. ANyway congrats on the new ride. I need to sell my 06 YZ250 then I plan to get one. YZ is great bike but I don't ride it as well as I do the 450's.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 27, 2006 - 07:44 PM

I wonder if you can fit rad. braces over the existing stock ones? Or do they come off?

IMO, from what I've seen, they can be removed, and the radiators appear to be otherwise the same as the '06. Don't know that, but that's what it looks like.

• barch88

Posted October 28, 2006 - 03:41 PM

Looks nice, better go wash her!

I feel so sad for my bike, you know how I always had it spotless and clean? Well it hasn't been cleaned for months. Before I got hurt I kept it dirty awhile, and planned to clean it after the day I got hurt...but I got messed up and it's been sitting in the garage all dirty. I'm going to have to get my Dad out there and clean it up really good for me and winterize it.

Anyways, I just noticed how much I like the '07 graphics better than the '06.

• vs779

Posted October 28, 2006 - 04:08 PM

The graphics for 07 are real nice looking and the quality is as good as any aftermarket. I checked out the radiator guards a little closer and they can be removed real easy. One thing I never change on my bikes is the exhaust but I don't think I can go another year with that huge exhaust sticking so far out, Im thinking Dubach carbon with the radiator lowering kit any have this setup?

• Jaycycle

Posted October 28, 2006 - 05:04 PM

Really? I was thinking the graphics on the 06 looked better. :mad:

• vs779

Posted October 28, 2006 - 05:23 PM

For me the look is not as important as how they hold up, I hate buying a new bike and having to put graphics on after the first ride. Now KTM has a cool setup, graphics molded right in to the shrouds.

• warrior86

Posted October 28, 2006 - 05:49 PM

Congrats on the new bike, its sexy. I ordered teh WC rad braces for mine. We'll see how they work in teh spring. anyways...

is that a zip ty tire changer i see in the background. If so, how do you like it? worth the money? I was thinking about gettin one. thanks

• rexbond007

Posted October 29, 2006 - 07:46 AM

Are the 07 plastics the same as the 06? ie: shrouds and side panels?

• vs779

Posted October 29, 2006 - 08:51 AM

Congrats on the new bike, its sexy. I ordered teh WC rad braces for mine. We'll see how they work in teh spring. anyways...

is that a zip ty tire changer i see in the background. If so, how do you like it? worth the money? I was thinking about gettin one. thanks

That thing is great normally I hate to change tires but that thing makes it so much easier

• vs779

Posted October 29, 2006 - 08:54 AM

Are the 07 plastics the same as the 06? ie: shrouds and side panels?

They seem to be the same.

• warrior86

Posted October 29, 2006 - 10:05 AM

That thing is great normally I hate to change tires but that thing makes it so much easier

Thanks for the input. Im gonna order one.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.