Attack MX backgrounds

15 replies to this topic
  • kyle450rider

Posted October 26, 2006 - 04:17 PM

this is the second set i have ordered from rockymountainmc and i couldnt be happier.They go on great and at 39.99 and delivered to me in 4 days i can't complain.Anybody else use these?

• 02YZ426

Posted October 26, 2006 - 04:34 PM

Pics please

• PK

Posted October 26, 2006 - 07:33 PM

I use them on both mine and my wife's bikes. They are inexpensive but are as good as any out there as far as keeping the new look to them barring a yardsale (crash).

• ThompsonV311

Posted October 26, 2006 - 07:54 PM

This is my 3rd set on 2 bikes. I started using them back when they were $29.99 a set. But even at $39.99 they are a good deal. I also just found the Attack fork guard stickers as well $14.99. I always wanted some but they always say Dunlop or Bridgestone, and I dont put stickers on my bike if I dont use the product, so these were perfect.

Posted Image

• Kevin3769

Posted October 26, 2006 - 08:03 PM

He desert devil what exactly does the red backgrounds mean? like desert racer or intermediate or is it just for looks?

• ThompsonV311

Posted October 26, 2006 - 09:21 PM

Actually the Red background with white # represents the Pro Class in GNCC races. I do not race GNCC nor am I a Pro. These are just my playride plates. I have separate plates for my Desert #. I just like the red and white look, and having something different from most others. The 104 is for my son Tyler's Birthday Oct. 4th. 2005

• kyle450rider

Posted October 27, 2006 - 10:11 AM

This is my 3rd set on 2 bikes. I started using them back when they were $29.99 a set. But even at $39.99 they are a good deal. I also just found the Attack fork guard stickers as well $14.99. I always wanted some but they always say Dunlop or Bridgestone, and I dont put stickers on my bike if I dont use the product, so these were perfect.

Posted Image

Your bike is awesome!Love the red on blue,and the black excels!!!!!

• cowboyona426

Posted October 27, 2006 - 01:16 PM

Desert Devil, what skid plate is that?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThompsonV311

Posted October 27, 2006 - 08:23 PM

It's a UtahSportcycle.com plate. Very good quality and perfect fit. When I first bolted it on and went for a spin it reflected so much engine noise straight up, that I got a headache. So I drilled the holes and put some foam between it and the motor. Problem Solved. This thing has seen quite a few rocks in the Enduro's, and Hare & Hounds that I run, and it has never let me down.

• SoCalrider21

Posted October 28, 2006 - 06:56 AM

I have a pair on my 250F. But to be honest I think next time I am just going to for out the $50 for the nicer one's. But it is only to see if the grass is greener on the other side, because the Attack graphic one's get the job done they just don't have the appeal of the other ones.

• bumblebee

Posted October 28, 2006 - 07:22 AM

you guys must not be very rough on your bikes. The first time i had a small crash the graphics got all scuffed up and they get boot marks in em real bad. and besides they are a pain in the @ss to put on. not worth it. Go with graphicmx.com. i launched my bike down a rocky @ss road at about 50 and they didnt so much as scratch

• ThompsonV311

Posted October 28, 2006 - 09:50 AM

Ok Bumblebee, how would another brand be easier to apply? (this outta be good). You say we are not very hard on our bikes? Umm maybe we just don't yardsale on rocky roads as much as you do. :mad: I have a full Desert/Enduro season on mine all with top 10 finishes, so you can't say I'm babying it either. Mine still look new. I use soapy water, and a hairdryer it only takes me 25 min to do all 3.

• bumblebee

Posted October 28, 2006 - 05:02 PM

i put mine on (06 yz450) with soapy water and hairdryer and they fit terrible. nothing lined up the way it should have and not even with any amount of coaxing and they creased like crazy on the exhaust side. I have never had problems with any other brand quite like this.

• PK

Posted October 28, 2006 - 06:32 PM

I do the same method but I've had good luck putting them on. The trick is to line them up before you stick them and to have a good squeege. The right plate is a pain because of the angle but if you take your time it turns good. It's not one of those things you can hustle through or you'll blow it and look like a toad...

• ThompsonV311

Posted October 28, 2006 - 07:54 PM

HMMM, like I said 25 min total, No creases here. :mad:

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted October 28, 2006 - 08:33 PM

I did my set and my buddies. I used the application fluid from Rocky Mtn and my thumbs. It took awhile but they turned out sweet. I have been damn impressed with how well they have worn. I will definately order them again.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.