My little piggie is too hard to start

7 replies to this topic
  • thouk

Posted October 25, 2006 - 08:05 PM

Well,
I have the Edelbrock and I have it uncorked. I just got done rewiring it so that it is the way I want it besides the hand warmers and the headlight modulator. Those can be installed in a few days. The thing that makes it so hard to start is that I broke the kick start lever. I ordered a new one. In the meantime I guess I can finish up wiring for the headlight flasher and the grips. I really wish I could jump start the bike. I tried to jump it and the 680 kit and the high compression piston did not let me do that. Well have fun riding your piggies. Tony

• LandSharkGT

Posted October 25, 2006 - 11:32 PM

Find a really (FAT) did I say fat.......NO:naughty: !I resemble that last remark.............:mad: I mean really huge guy to help you with the bump start,...........you push while the fat.....:mad: er'............. I mean huge guy bump starts it!:mad:
Bill

• Zapp22

Posted October 26, 2006 - 04:47 AM

that's gonna be a heckuva ride when you finally get 'er lit!
post pictures!

• frankstr

Posted October 26, 2006 - 05:35 AM

My ??, How did you break your kick start lever.....:mad:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Agent2

Posted October 26, 2006 - 07:53 AM

Out of curiosity, what gear do you have it in when trying to jump start it? Try putting it in second or third.

• bork

Posted October 26, 2006 - 05:48 PM

Find a really (FAT) did I say fat.......NO:naughty: !I resemble that last remark.............:worthy: I mean really huge guy to help you with the bump start,...........you push while the fat.....:mad: er'............. I mean huge guy bump starts it!:mad:
Bill

Dat dont wurk! I weigh 300 & in fifth gear mine only skids when I jump down & pop clutch. I even tried getting engine to spin with the comp release pulled then let out clutch but just skids! I only have a stock 600r.:mad:

• LandSharkGT

Posted October 26, 2006 - 06:50 PM

Man! I can bump mine before it got tore down and it had 165 lbs. of compression! 1st gear baby!

• thouk

Posted October 26, 2006 - 08:14 PM

Okay,
Let me see if I can answer some of the questions. I tried to bump start it in second. Like Bork said all the back wheel does is skid. I may try it after I get the lever to see if I can get it going in third. Agent2 I was just giving it all I could to get it started. The 680 kit and the high compression piston don't help to make it easy to kick over. Every now and then the auto decompressor does not kick in and it gets realy hard to kick. At those times I forget to pull in the decompressor lever to guide it through. A $92 lesson. Some of the pictures of the before shots of the bike are on my webpage
http://photos.yahoo.com/houk27. Have fun, Tony

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.