2 ? XR650R crankcase breather and...

6 replies to this topic
  • bsa441

Posted October 25, 2006 - 05:24 PM

anyone reroute so crank fumes are not part of combustion ? Also when ordering a B53E needle does the needle jet have to be ordered also , or is it the same as stock ? Thanks for replys

• zx7rye

Posted October 25, 2006 - 05:46 PM

The real trick way to do it is to weld a check valve into the header @ 45 degree to flow and run tubing back to the crankcase vent. Vacuum evac. for low $$$.

• bsa441

Posted October 25, 2006 - 05:50 PM

What type of check valve ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bsa441

Posted October 26, 2006 - 04:58 PM

bump , ... is anyone venting to atmosphere or is being connected to airbox key to this system? There is a one way air checkvalve used on ford pickup emission systems that flattrack racers use to keep crankcase pressure to a minimum , if not a partial vacume.

• HawkGT

Posted October 26, 2006 - 05:17 PM

...when ordering a B53E needle does the needle jet have to be ordered also , or is it the same as stock ? Thanks for replys

It will come with a new needle jet which I'm 99% sure is the same as the stock needle jet.

• Crit Rat

Posted June 26, 2009 - 02:08 PM

Bump.

Looking at doing this. I think it's a good idea to get oil vapors out of the combustion mix. Anyone come up with a trick setup?

I have an idea to make a catch can so liquids and vapors are caught but the line is still routed to the airbox so a vacumn is maintained.

• Ryanthegreat1

Posted June 26, 2009 - 02:41 PM

Whoa this one was past it's expiration date.

Does your catch can have a filter on it's vent? If so I would plumb it to there.

The air box is really not under much vacuum until you have stuff plumbed between the intake valves and throttle plate.

Vent to atmosphere and call it good. The important parts of the engine in the XRR that benefit from vacuum are from the help of a reed valve in the engine case.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.