Which Exhaust?

14 replies to this topic
  • LW580M

Posted October 25, 2006 - 03:46 PM

I would like to get a exhaust for my 06 WR 450. Not looking for huge power but looking for a good sounding pipe. Noise is not a problem.

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted October 25, 2006 - 04:15 PM

NOISE is a problem no matter where you ride.:mad: Just get a PMB insert.:mad: You will be happy with the results. It's only $60.00.
Jim

• ridered55

Posted October 25, 2006 - 04:23 PM

Get this months issue of dirt rider,, they did a pipe test for your bike.

• Beejay

Posted October 25, 2006 - 04:25 PM

I fitted the GYT-R, nice sound & increase in mid range, all mods done with a JD jetting kit.
Made by Yamaha for Yamaha.

• gregwr450f

Posted October 25, 2006 - 08:58 PM

Have you thought of getting "spokie dokies"?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted October 25, 2006 - 09:00 PM

NOISE is a problem no matter where you ride.:mad: Just get a PMB insert.:mad: You will be happy with the results. It's only $60.00.
Jim

if he says noise isnt a problem then its not....i dont understand why people must say it is when it was clearly stated that is not a problem

• agermaney

Posted October 26, 2006 - 03:19 AM

I think Jim's right, Bigdawg.......
Noise is killing off road biking. Even if you ride in the middle of the desert. you'll eventually annoy someone.
Before you know it, some f***er's complaining and starting an anti bike campaign.
You don't want a situation like we have in the UK were you can't ride anywhere.
We all have a responsibility to make sure noise is not a problem.
:mad:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Alley Cat

Posted October 26, 2006 - 04:52 AM

Jim

YZ muffler will do a much better job than just a new muffler tip and you can get them for less than $60.
I know many people that have wasted their $$$ on the tip then got a good aftermarket or YZ muffler later.
If you just want a tip, just make one your self. Even replacement tips for my Procircuit pipe cost $25.

• boer

Posted October 29, 2006 - 12:57 AM

I know many people that have wasted their $$$ on the tip then got a good aftermarket or YZ muffler later.

Yup, dead right Alley cat, I was one of those dumb....:mad: in the same boat. Got the pmb insert and I thought wow. After a couple of months the itch for something new came back so I got an aftermarket pipe (WB E2) which can be run restricted and spark arrested or wide open.

I have run both spark arrested and wide open and I can tell you that open is the way to go for full on power. My low to mid range just stomps it now:eek:

• Kmorris

Posted October 29, 2006 - 09:09 AM

I am one who found a brand new YZ muffler for 25 dollars on e-Bay and the unit is not that much louder and does show a wider power band.

• MountainMax

Posted October 29, 2006 - 01:52 PM

I too love the Yz muffler, it has a fatter pipe part on the inlet part, same size as the header pipe, with straight thru flow, awesome power gains, very noticible when doing wheelies.
You can also remove one or 2 baffles and put in a PMB insert.

• RSWR450F

Posted October 30, 2006 - 12:39 PM

Super "exhaust" :

http://www.gtmotocro...50&id=80&type=0

:-) ))

• TWILES

Posted October 31, 2006 - 08:12 AM

Super "exhaust" :

http://www.gtmotocro...50&id=80&type=0

:-) ))

I bet that was scarey.

• WGP

Posted October 31, 2006 - 11:49 AM

FMF Ti Powercore:applause: Even the the new Dirtrider says so...
It also says its 92 Decibels? I think mine is louder than that?

• Alley Cat

Posted October 31, 2006 - 01:55 PM

FMF Ti Powercore:applause: Even the the new Dirtrider says so...
It also says its 92 Decibels? I think mine is louder than that?

Hahahahaa, people don't seem to like Dirtrider around here for some reason......
The DRZ project bike comments had upset a few people.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.