Why Yamaha

55 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted November 08, 2006 - 07:13 AM

Reliability is the most part, and Yamaha is my favorite brand for snowmobiles and musical instruments, they Rock, no pun intended :cheers:

• tcskibike

Posted November 08, 2006 - 08:49 AM

My 2001 WR250f was my first real dirt bike, 4 years later, 30k miles, questionalbe maintainence by me :cheers: and the bike hardly needs a valve adjustment and it runs as strong as it ever has and starts easier! My friend think the bike is possesed and will never die or break down.

• Florida_426

Posted November 08, 2006 - 09:11 AM

I had mainly Suzuki RM scoots in the mid 70's, a Maico 400, OSSA Stilletto 250, TS 185 Zuke andto start a Honda SL 125 Turtle Chaser. I got my 02 YZ 426F in May 02, new, race MX only. I have thoroughly enjoyed this reliable bike. I have only done the 450DCM, a PC T-4 pipe and a Fastline front brake line, CR routing, Quickshot and JD Jetting kit; stock piston, valves and still dry sump. The 426 may be heavy but it runs crisply, is reliable hnd handles superbly after swapping out the stock front and rear springs for Race Tech's correct for my weight items. Regular greasing and replacement of bearings at all points and oil change every 2 hours.

I am sold on Yamaha and this bike. It fits me like a glove:thumbsup: .

Bill

• MountainMax

Posted November 08, 2006 - 02:17 PM

I have over 2300 km put on my bike this summer since i bought it in may, was not riding for 2 months of that too, Not a single problem except the aftermarket adjustable fuel screw fell out, they fixed it with a new stiffer spring one they sent me free :cheers: Gotta love yammy reliability. Had to adjust 2 of the 5 valves once also...... oh well....

• velosapiens

Posted November 08, 2006 - 03:46 PM

i'm not a 'fan' of any bike brand. they still have to build a good bike if they want me to consider buying it. the last few years, yamahas have been pretty impressive, based on what i read, and riding buddies that own them. maybe all the other 4-strokes have just gone straight to hell reliability-wise tho, lol.

I have over 2300 km put on my bike this summer since i bought it in may, was not riding for 2 months of that too, Not a single problem except the aftermarket adjustable fuel screw fell out

i think with so few miles you shouldn't have any problems. heck, i have 2500 hard miles (not your girly kms, lol) on a husaberg, and it's been flawless. but your yammy will probably keep churning past 10,000 miles if you're reasonably nice to it.

• smksignals

Posted November 08, 2006 - 03:56 PM

King Kenny, and Bob 'Hurricane' Hannah rode'em... So do i !!

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted January 11, 2009 - 02:14 PM

I own Yamaha's cause they are the best and their reliablity you can't touch. I've had only Yamaha's the last 20 years and never had any problems with any of them.

• Swiveler1973

Posted January 11, 2009 - 06:08 PM

I bought an 86 tt350 back in 2002 This bike was way ahead of its time and
by the time I was ready to move up to a new bike I was leaning towards
Yamaha. My next bike was a 2000 wr400 that was fully uncorked and modded
up before I even bought it. Then last year I bought a brand new 2007 wr450
because I needed a softer suspension and a magic button. I am 48 years old
and it was getting to the point to where it took me about a week to fully
recover from a long dayride. It wasn't even 3 months later and that bike was fully uncorked and set up with full protection the way I wanted it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamahaWR450FMike

Posted January 11, 2009 - 06:51 PM

I bought an 86 tt350 back in 2002 This bike was way ahead of its time and
by the time I was ready to move up to a new bike I was leaning towards
Yamaha. My next bike was a 2000 wr400 that was fully uncorked and modded
up before I even bought it. Then last year I bought a brand new 2007 wr450
because I needed a softer suspension and a magic button. I am 48 years old
and it was getting to the point to where it took me about a week to fully
recover from a long dayride. It wasn't even 3 months later and that bike was fully uncorked and set up with full protection the way I wanted it.

awsome, I had a 1984 TT600 and had it for nearly 17 years. That's all I rode and racked 1000's of dirt miles on that bike. It was bullit proof. Loved that bike!

Posted Image

• Engineer_3ID

Posted January 11, 2009 - 06:53 PM

I ride them cause there low mantinace,reliable,and there just down right awsome bikes pluse there the only jap bike company still makin a two stroke.:thumbsup:

• Tile Guy

Posted January 11, 2009 - 07:29 PM

my brother and his best friend both had honda 450s pre ran them raced them and blew both the top ends up so they switched to wr 450s way more reliable. so thats what i bought and thats what i fell in love with

• Baja trail Rider

Posted January 12, 2009 - 09:31 AM

We run tours in baja the Wr yamaha less problems then any other water cooled bike we have or have seen.Great trail bikes.Since we ride here all the time We know what falls apart fast,not the WRs

• Strattos

Posted January 12, 2009 - 02:37 PM

My first bike was a Yamaha (MX80), I've gone to Hondas as well over the years but am now on my second WR. Stupid thing is, when I was younger, I liked the rounded look of the front mudguard (from the cockpit) compared to the ugly square Kawasaki ones and the bizarre Suzuki ones. It's probably the reason I went with Hondas for a bit (CR125, CR250), as they had similar mudguards. Skin deep I know, but for some reason when I was a young whipper snapper these things mattered. Not now though, obviously.

Reasons now are awesome performance, bulletproof reliability, good build quality and innovation. Even their two-stroke motocrossers were at the top of their game. Magazines and reviews say the 250cc YZ two stroke motor was the final evolution of the two-stroke motocross motor, standard by which other brands, like Suzuki, ended up building theirs to.

• flyer05

Posted January 12, 2009 - 04:59 PM

Voor de Africaaners kunnen jullie Nederlands ? Ik kan Africaans verstaan maar schrijfen kan ik niet.

• 07thommi

Posted January 12, 2009 - 06:39 PM

I ride Yamaha's and I love them! I have had good luck with my Yamaha's but the biggest selling point for me was my AMAZING dealer. They ALWAYS take care of me and have helped me out in during financial hardships with some stellar discounts to keep me riding.:thumbsup:

I have also owned Kawasaki's and Honda's, but I have never owned a Suzuki or a KTM. I have had AMAZING luck with Kawasaki and would buy another one in a heartbeat if it wasnt for my local dealer. They are terrible! I also have owned some Honda's the old school Honda's are amazing! But my friends and myself have not had good luck with the newer Honda's or with the local dealer!

So unfortunatly due to some bad dealerships around me they have only left me with two choices KTM and YAMAHA!!! Both of which I love to ride and would love to own!!!:p :moon: :p

So no disappointments here!!!:lol: :p :p

-mt-

• Navaho6

Posted January 12, 2009 - 07:04 PM

I wanted a good, reliable used 450 enduro bike for a good price.......and this: http://www.motorcycl...Conclusion.aspx

Over the past 15 years, I've owned a Honda, four Suzuki's, one KTM, three Kawasaki's, one BMW, and this is my first Yamaha. I'm really impressed with the quality and design of the WR's components.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.