Wanted advice - WR450F 2006

2 replies to this topic
  • pubidol

Posted October 25, 2006 - 12:33 PM

Hi,
Can anyone please advise on the following for my WR450?
I originally had a 2003 wr450 which was a lot taller than my current 2006 model, can anyone tell if there is an suspension linkage part that can changed to make my 2006 model as tall?
When checking my valve clearances I notice one was 0.08 and the minimum should be 0.1, should I re-shim it or just keep an eye on it to see how it goes?
Finally I was told my bike would run better with a NGKCR9E instead of the original CR8E. Is this true?

Cheers, Gaz

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tenis24

Posted March 11, 2007 - 02:18 PM

On the height issue, if it would fix your problem a taller seat and higher bars would be the way to go.

• SID013

Posted March 11, 2007 - 10:10 PM

How tall are you? I'm 6'1" & with mine the only changes I have made are to fit a set of Tag Metals T2 bars which coupled with the 1"1/8" bar adaptor opened up the cockpit by raising it 20mm's over standard. Suits my height but I have heard of guys lowering the footpegs (Do a search for that) & also fitting a tall seat. (Guts Racing) I'm considering this option mostly to get more padding under my arse as the original foam is basically as good as a plank of wood.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Peter

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.